Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

Sugden ANV-50

has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the new amp yet ?  can't find any initial impressions or reviews and interested in what people  thought about it.

• Like 1

I borrowed the version with internal DAC for a couple of weeks whilst my Luxman (Valve Preamp) was being repaired. I prefer the Luxman for SQ. I dont like the ergonomics of the front panel. If you go for the black version the big silver rings around the controls spoil the look. Also I dont like the Text for input selection both on the DAC input and Analogue input being in a straight  line its very hard to see whats selected. Having the text around the knob would better or at least some small LED's above or below the text. Many times I would have to count the clicks of rotation to select the correct input. It reminds me of the old Avo Meters where you have to use two rotary knobs to make the selection. 

AlanDAP-800 Pre-amplifier

Edited by Radioham

if the picture is of the amp you borrowed, it's not a ANV 50, it's a DAP 800, the ANV50 is this

SugdenMasterclassANV50.jpg

Dealer
On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:21, Tomo said:

has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the new amp yet ?  can't find any initial impressions or reviews and interested in what people  thought about it.

Here's a review of Sugden Audio's new Masterclass ANV-50 amplifier :)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&tab=TT&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.renaissens.com%2Ffr%2Fblog%2F263-le-test-de-l-amplificateur-sugden-anv-50

Edited by Musicraft