Sat 8th June, Oxfordshire Bake Off; M4 Jn8/9, Henley on Thames RG9 2AR

Jester 7

I'll be in the train, we should time our arrival to minimise hassle for Chris who kindly offered me a lift too.

On 21/05/2019 at 04:41, Millennium said:

I would just ask if someone is travelling west From London and we could meet near a station or underground stat and I could pay towards petrol costs? 
Would love to attend my first bake off as this is fairly close to Greater London. I live around Ealing.

If anyone can attend or is to go please PM me @~here! Just need space in a car and then I will figure on bringing minimal stuffs.

I could pick you up, I am coming from Ruislip which is served by the Piccadilly, Central and Met line. Let me know what you think?

8 hours ago, Jester 7 said:

Hi FrankD. You are very welcome. I have added your name to the guest list above. 

Thanks for that, don't think there anything I could bring along as only got a modest budget system, but looking forward to listening to a lot of the gear and chatting with others.:^

16 minutes ago, FrankD said:

I could pick you up, I am coming from Ruislip which is served by the Piccadilly, Central and Met line. Let me know what you think?

I live at the other end of the Piccadilly line, would you mind if I tagged along as well please?

1 minute ago, Lawrence001 said:

I live at the other end of the Piccadilly line, would you mind if I tagged along as well please?

No problem, may need to check if there are any engineering works going on.

Also you may be better changing a Kings Cross for Met line to Uxbridge, may be quicker.

4 hours ago, FrankD said:

Thanks for that, don't think there anything I could bring along as only got a modest budget system, but looking forward to listening to a lot of the gear and chatting with others.:^

Thanks FrankD! Please PM me I can easlily get to W or S Ruislip station areas. If you would like to meet me and Lawrence001 together I do of course have the possibility of meeting him at Uxbridge I would really prefer to meet you in Ruislip if poss, even if very early morning (transports allowing). It will take about 2x+ time for me to get to Uxbridge via EB (and I do not much like that journey honestly having done it twice recently .)

I will not bring speakers, perhaps a DAC or 2 and some cables for them. I should really bring some silver RCA or RCA From 3.5mm... (or silver bulleted speaker cable say 
)I can put some music on my phone or a USB stick (probably the latter). I do have a modern view on music, having not like Reprazent and been into almost all good music after that I would have hoped ! (!)

Looking forward to it. If we can't make it happen the Kinsgland Road MARket is that day so I would wish to do that (less! lol).

Edited by Millennium

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/profile/118294-jester-7/ 

Jester7 are you still looking forward to your event? FrankD didn't PM me yet I will PM him with this thread link. I am !
I will certainly be missing local Kinsland Road market for it. And I don't do queens birthday stuff (nice to get out though).

9 hours ago, Millennium said:

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/profile/118294-jester-7/ 

Jester7 are you still looking forward to your event? FrankD didn't PM me yet I will PM him with this thread link. I am !
I will certainly be missing local Kinsland Road market for it. And I don't do queens birthday stuff (nice to get out though).

Millennium - I am really looking forward to the 8th June Bake Off.

I am really encouraged by the long and experienced guest list, as well as the great list of high-end equipment we will get to listen to.

The Catherine Wheel is a large Hotel/Pub with a good sized conference room.  There are lots of power sockets around the room and I will bring quality extension cables to accommodate everyone's equipment.  I will also have 3 different, multi tier, equipment racks by Townshend - the air suspension type, which really help eliminate the vibrations from the hi-fi equipment. 

I have asked the pub manager to provide us a waitress service for any food and drinks we want to order.  There are plenty of chairs and tables available in the conference room.  The prices are really cheap!!

If anyone likes cake, I will bring a Victoria sponge and several other Waitrose favourites.

Looking forward to a really great day - Chris

This one looks like it is turning into Kegworth on Thames!  

I can’t make it unfortunately but reports and pics from those that do will help soften the blow. Have a great day.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jester 7 said:

If anyone likes cake,

Do bears sh*t in the woods?

5 minutes ago, wizmax said:

Do bears sh*t in the woods?

yeeeeep ((mm))

I might need to modify my plans - Aurora is doing a signing and event at Rough Trade the same day doors 6:30pm London E1 (check her twitter you just need to preorder The CD) so in the end, I may actually miss this one. Also 'FrankD' did not reply. If you would not mind a few pics and some thoughts and convo (really enjoyed the thread after keggy but didn't post) that would be cool. Looks like with journey times - what do you think? I am not in the best of minds maybe both are possible with trains?

I would want to be in E1 for 6:30pm. I bought the CD - Album 2 part 2411.99

@Millennium sorry not responded to your PM have been busy the lat couple of days.

I will send a new one which will include @Lawrence001

Still trying to decide whether to bring the Brinkmann Bardo, to give your LP12 some compitition, or the Lector CDP7 to pit against your Krell. Seeing as how everyone else is bringing either DACs or phonostages someone has to challenge the sources. 

OK if I pop in?  I am no distance away (High Wycombe)

Edited by meninblack