jon

WTD: speakers for garage and bedroom

I'm after two pairs of speakers. I'd like some bookshelf speakers for the bedroom, to use for music (rock, folk, jazz, some electronic...) and TV. Won't be used at very high volume. Shouldn't be *too* massive or ugly. Will be put on a table/chest of drawers, so should work OK without stands. I'd prefer to keep the budget under £200 (won't be used for critical listening) but could stretch a bit for something nice. Active speakers would be handy - and could spend a little more - but I have a spare amp I could use if not :)

Garage speakers: something fun to use for music when I workout, preferably not much over £100. Secondhand may be best here - big, old speakers that go loud and deep could be good! Ugly/battered would be fine.

I'm in Dundee, if anyone's local

Edited by jon

I have a pair of Elac Debut B5 mark one's going cheap if interested.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/elacs-debut-b5-loudspeaker-not-good-money

Hi Jon! I have a pair of black Mission 760i here in Glasgow. Absolutely classic small rock speaker. £60? 

Bram

On 26/04/2019 at 12:40, Bram49 said:

Hi Jon! I have a pair of black Mission 760i here in Glasgow. Absolutely classic small rock speaker. £60? 

Bram

I know lots of people really like these, but they weren't my thing when I listened. Thanks for the offer, though!

22 hours ago, droom said:

Black Rega RX1s as new. Boxed no damage or issues. £360 + £10 delivery.

Thanks! A bit over budget, though, and I've never listened to that model...so a bit much for me to take a punt on unheard.

Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 in light Maple any good ? I could do em posted for £95 I reckon. I can take piccies if interested.

I have a pair of Q Acoustic 3020 sat unused fairly certain I have the original box too. Yours for £95

Pick up some mordaunt short pageant 2.

Perfeect for garage.

They are worthy of much more than sitting in the garage, but are silly cheap on ebay and hifi forums.

Edited by nut

Thanks for the offers! I've ended up with some Audioengine A5+ speakers for the bedroom (very pleased with them for £100 :) ) and have ordered some Rogers speakers off ebay for the garage...currently waiting to see if the courier has used them for a football ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad you're sorted so quick :)