Sign in to follow this  
radiant red

Croft and Sugden

Super Wammer

Now I’m back with my Harbeths and very much enjoying them, I originally ran the 7s with a Sugden a21a and despite this being the baby of the Suggs, I preferred it over the SE. It was extremely enjoyable to listen to and despite some comments on here by an ex dealer employee, the Sugden controlled the 7s bass extremely well with its current delivery. 

Now, the current amp I have (Rega Elex-R) is a superb performer and without doubt, one of the best sub £1000 integrateds out there however, I’m wanting the rich texture of the Sugden again so naturally I should be looking for an a21a again but before I do, Croft came to mind and wondering who has had experience with the sub 1k amp and Harbeth. 

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Only tried croft 25r pre with harbeth 30.1 (and both quad and atc P1 power amps) sounded absolutely great. Croft integrated was a stereophile A class reconendation for years and they are great to deal with if any issue or wanting to upgrade 

2 hours ago, radiant red said:

Now I’m back with my Harbeths and very much enjoying them, I originally ran the 7s with a Sugden a21a and despite this being the baby of the Suggs, I preferred it over the SE. It was extremely enjoyable to listen to and despite some comments on here by an ex dealer employee, the Sugden controlled the 7s bass extremely well with its current delivery. 

Now, the current amp I have (Rega Elex-R) is a superb performer and without doubt, one of the best sub £1000 integrateds out there however, I’m wanting the rich texture of the Sugden again so naturally I should be looking for an a21a again but before I do, Croft came to mind and wondering who has had experience with the sub 1k amp and Harbeth. 

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Use a Croft integrated with Harbeth p3 esr.Did have a Rega elex r before.Croft with the right tube sounds clear .very alive .Thought the Rega sounded dark in the treble,more boxed in .Your welcome to bring your speakers to mine and have a listen.

Super Wammer
31 minutes ago, mattykyuss said:

Use a Croft integrated with Harbeth p3 esr.Did have a Rega elex r before.Croft with the right tube sounds clear .very alive .Thought the Rega sounded dark in the treble,more boxed in .Your welcome to bring your speakers to mine and have a listen.

Very kind .. where are you based? What Croft are you using?

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

Plymouth area

• Like 1

11 hours ago, radiant red said:

One volume pot Croft line integrated.Plymouth uk.

I think it's generally regarded that Croft and Harbeth are a winning combination. For the past 5 years I've had the 25R with the 7 and it's glorious. Not sub £1000 but prior to that I had the 25 and whilst the 'R' version is an improvement, diminishing returns apply and I was truly happy with the 25/7.

I might be moving the 7 on soon, I've not decided yet. I've played about with a few power amps in my time and the only one I consider to be an improvement on the 7 is some vintage iron that left me penniless ;-)

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, mattykyuss said:

One volume pot Croft line integrated.Plymouth uk.

Thanks bud, bit too far for me but thanks for the offer 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Just wondering whereabouts in Bucks you are ?   I'm just over the Beds border near Leighton Buzzard and  have a Croft 25R/7 pre/power combination. Also. Deco Audio in Aylesbury stock Croft and Peter Empson there might be able to lend you something to trial ? He's a good guy to deal with.

k

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, khapahk said:

Just wondering whereabouts in Bucks you are ?   I'm just over the Beds border near Leighton Buzzard and  have a Croft 25R/7 pre/power combination. Also. Deco Audio in Aylesbury stock Croft and Peter Empson there might be able to lend you something to trial ? He's a good guy to deal with.

k

Thanks K

i spoke to Deco and that might be on the cards.. I work not far from them. Thank you also for your kind offer

Super Wammer
20 hours ago, radiant red said:

Thanks K

i spoke to Deco and that might be on the cards.. I work not far from them. Thank you also for your kind offer

That's OK. :^