Richer Sounds gives free shares to staff

Seems Julian Richer has moved the company to a part staff ownership model and has also given staff £1000 for each year they've worked (not including the executives).

Nice to see in the venture capital / shareholder profit above all else race to the bottom we seem to be in nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Are they recruiting?:bulb:

Great owner and a great chain of shops.

Edited by Tarzan

yep!

good staff choices from my experience. decent simple web offering and one of the first. Not sure on some products or review references!

bought my Toshiba 46" non-plasma t1968b "tv" from there while I was still "working" (just out of mental health ward - cost £549.95 at the end of April 2013 - so it has a receipt and documented evidence of a (MANU) warranty applied until APR 2019) and I got to demo it and paid full price. Displayed works fine though I don't use it for movies or even TV much I guess!

I knew I would be alone an borid for a few. months and assumed I would be able to back claim housing benefit. It turned out I wasn't well enough the next year. £4000 or so wasted :(

with 3 or so dead pixels they were very happy to exchange it at a local Chiswick branch. Nice guys! (I bought mum this TV in Jan 2011 it's a nice Hanspree 1080). I plan I ; Should buy more 2nd hand.

their VIP club and websites can have good deals with open box or discount items. I dunno if the one where I bought my Sony 530 Minidisk deck has closed by now (got a portable or 2 as well) I was working in 6th form in the mid to late 90s.

9 hours ago, marko said:

Julian Richer was interviewed on BBC R4 this morning @ 8.45. 

What did he have to say?

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Richer Sounds today, and was surprised how up market they have become with Amps like this.

https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-edge-a.html

Only £4499 :o

Edited by jkbmusic
4 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

I was in Richer Sounds today, and was surprised how up market they have become with Amps like this.

https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-edge-a.html

Only £4499 :o

It's their plan. They are dodgy with the X factor these days -of actually working.
Should I set up a market stall and need a 6 year warranty on something I will know who not to pay. Nice and sweet.

2 minutes ago, Millennium said:

It's their plan. They are dodgy with the X factor these days -of actually working.
Should I set up a market stall and need a 6 year warranty on something I will know who not to pay. Nice and sweet.

I have no idea what this means.  English, please.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, meninblack said:

I have no idea what this means.  English, please.

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m convinced his account has been hacked by Son of Chumpy.

:dunno:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

lol! just insight. I have been in this game well before this forum a little here and there. Comes from living in Hanwell for 11 and so years.

as I can't block a mod (sorry man) I will take it on the chin. I am not just here to present scientific papers in condensed "form". Please would I ask that mods do not be rude.

bye (again btw).

Edited by Millennium
  • Confused 1

Someone who is in the market for such an expensive bit of kit will most likely move it on before the warranty comes to the end. If the warranty is just for the original buyer and non transferable then the seller is in a good place.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk