Audia Flight

14 hours ago, Nissio100 said:

Hello everyone.  I have this question… Monitor Audio GS60.  Does it make any sense?  🤔🤔🤔They would play with Audia Flight One and Ayon CD 1.  I currently have Opera Callas SP.

I doubt it...

I could be mistaken but the AF One and the CD 1 would generally be viewed as a class or two above the MA's - as would the Opera Callas. I'm not sure this is the right thread to get proper advice on the system synergies here, as few if any AF owners are likely to pair the AF with MA's.

If you start a new thread, be sure to say what you think is missing in the sound of your current system.

PS. Is this your system? There can't be that many similar systems out there!

On 02/08/2021 at 21:42, TheFlash said:

I doubt it...

I could be mistaken but the AF One and the CD 1 would generally be viewed as a class or two above the MA's - as would the Opera Callas. I'm not sure this is the right thread to get proper advice on the system synergies here, as few if any AF owners are likely to pair the AF with MA's.

If you start a new thread, be sure to say what you think is missing in the sound of your current system.

PS. Is this your system? There can't be that many similar systems out there!

Yes, that's my system.  Overall, I am satisfied with the sound.  It is musical but also very correct.  Rather, the sound tends to be natural.  I asked for the MA GD60 out of curiosity.  I am also considering replacing Callas SP with Opera Quinta or Sonus Faber Luito.  I also think about Focal Electra 1027Be, but I'm afraid that my room is too small.  Maybe Focal Mini utopia?  I am looking for a natural musical sound does not have to be absolutely analytical.  Rather, create the atmosphere of a jazz club.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I’m in the process of shortlisting some SS poweramps as my current valve amp gets too damn hot, takes too long to warm up and doesn’t have enough bass grip for me. The Audia FLS4 looks really interesting and from everything I’ve read gives me most of the tube sound with the additional bass slam. I’m using a Townshend Allegri passive pre, so wondered if any Audia owners could share their thoughts on sounds and how well they work with a passive pre?

12 hours ago, Gwantommo said:

Hey guys. I’m in the process of shortlisting some SS poweramps as my current valve amp gets too damn hot, takes too long to warm up and doesn’t have enough bass grip for me. The Audia FLS4 looks really interesting and from everything I’ve read gives me most of the tube sound with the additional bass slam. I’m using a Townshend Allegri passive pre, so wondered if any Audia owners could share their thoughts on sounds and how well they work with a passive pre?

If the FLS4 is basically the power bit of the integrated FLS10 (it is), it does run hot. As it is Class A (or very very heavily biased to Class A) like your tube amp, it will also need time to warm up to perform at its best. 

Any chance you can audition?

3 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

If the FLS4 is basically the power bit of the integrated FLS10 (it is), it does run hot. As it is Class A (or very very heavily biased to Class A) like your tube amp, it will also need time to warm up to perform at its best. 

Any chance you can audition?

I'll get a bit more breathing room as it's not as tall as my tube amp, so hopefully that plus the lack of 4 KT-150's glowing happily should mean things are a little cooler.

Elite Audio are offering me a 30 day home audition on an ex-demo one, so worst case I'm out the return shipping. May as well give it a try!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwantommo said:

I'll get a bit more breathing room as it's not as tall as my tube amp, so hopefully that plus the lack of 4 KT-150's glowing happily should mean things are a little cooler.

Elite Audio are offering me a 30 day home audition on an ex-demo one, so worst case I'm out the return shipping. May as well give it a try!

It’s big and heavy… careful with your back!

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

It’s big and heavy… careful with your back!

Same weight as my Icon so definitely a 2 man job! No way to hide it from the wife unfortunately xD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bargain alert! FLS10 in Glasgow, mint, £3600.

• 1 month later...

Ooo tempting.....Wonder how it compares to my Gryphon 250?

Edited by shari

5 hours ago, shari said:

Ooo tempting.....Wonder how it compares to my Gryphon 250?

I'm afraid wondering is probably all you can do... unless you're seriously committed to the quest and can get hold of an AF to compare in your own setup. I'd love to know the outcome! My AF is going nowhere but I've long admired the Gryphon specs/looks so would be interested in the results.

I have heard the FLS10, but it was a while ago, so I would be guessing a little. I think the FLS10 has a little more pace, rhythm than the Gryphon. The Gryphon is quite a dark sounding amp as well, so my guess is the 10 would be a little brighter, but like I said,all from long distance memory. 

• Like 1