Sign in to follow this  
indus

Whest PS.30RDT Phono

Hi there

I have for sale this award winning phono pre. It's in immaculate condition, with box etc. I'm selling because I tried vinyl and then realised I was too lazy lol. I think these retailed for somewhere near £3k when new.

Asking price is £850 excluding delivery payment by BT or you are welcome to collect.

I don't post on here much. I post on avforums under the same username and have been a member there for years, regularly post and have 100% positive feedback for trading.

I'm based in London and Essex.

Thanks for looking.

20190515_171344(1).jpg

20190515_171412(1).jpg

20190515_173124(1).jpg

Great phonostage in excellent nick - picked up this morning & it's already making fantastic music in my system. Indus is a genuine hifi-fan, and a thorough gent to deal with. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ive looked at the West PS30RDT as a hypothetical buy as it has balanced outputs - but not balanced inputs like the Akvox, Ayre and one or two others.

Id love to hear what they can do.

8 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Ive looked at the West PS30RDT as a hypothetical buy as it has balanced outputs - but not balanced inputs like the Akvox, Ayre and one or two others.

Id love to hear what they can do.

Jack, the XLR outputs are certainly a potential advantage, but you'd need to feed to a pre-amp or amp with volume control as the Whest unit doesn't have this capability.

Regarding sound, there're several reviews on the net, which praise the outstanding tonal richness, fast dynamics and micro-detail this 'stage can achieve. I can verify these - in spades. My Zyx LOMC cart, in particular, is a fantastic match.

One other thing all Whest stuff seems to share is really excellent build quality. Even the back panel in the pic above is a real work of art.

Oh, from limited experience, whey don't sound half bad either  :D