Avid volvere..any impressions please

10 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Do you mean a Michell Gyrodec? Or a Michell Gyro SE, like what I have? I prefer naked; in turntables too.

I also prefer the Gyro SE (naked) which I had a few years ago

C3D8F855-8108-4587-80AC-AD80BCF86153.jpeg

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Do you mean a Michell Gyrodec? Or a Michell Gyro SE, like what I have? I prefer naked; in turntables too.

Michell gyro SE sir...And will fit a led strobe under it. Will be my kind of ghetto spinner :)

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

On the brighter side sir...this could just be divine intervention to not let me buy any TT , except a michell gyrodec. Which has always been my love at first sight :)

Don’t you worry there’s a lot of very good tt   s/h out there for the price of Avid. :)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

I also prefer the Gyro SE (naked) which I had a few years ago

C3D8F855-8108-4587-80AC-AD80BCF86153.jpeg

Wow.. looks lovely...with a michell topping it off. May I kindly enquire what speakers are those please.

5 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Wow.. looks lovely...with a michell topping it off. May I kindly enquire what speakers are those please.

That was my system around 8 yrs ago. Speakers are ATC scm40 mk1 passive.

13 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

That was my system around 8 yrs ago. Speakers are ATC scm40 mk1 passive.

Thanks sir...well noted. Didn't recognize them at first glance. Only ever saw the mk2 version in pics. I guess you are having kef ref3's now if my memory serves me right :)

1 hour ago, newlash09 said:

On the brighter side sir...this could just be divine intervention to not let me buy any TT , except a michell gyrodec. Which has always been my love at first sight :)

Bingo! l have a Gyro SE so l can compare......

On the Michell theme.... l actually sold an Orbe to get the AVID after hearing it at a show a few times...……..really wished l hadn't, now have a maxxed out Gyro SE that is musical as they come- again matching is a key word with vinyl systems.:geek:

Edited by Tarzan
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

Bingo! l have a Gyro SE so l can compare......

On the Michell theme.... l actually sold an Orbe to get the AVID after hearing it at a show a few times...……..really wished l hadn't, now have a maxxed out Gyro SE that is musical as they come- again matching is a key word with vinyl systems.:geek:

Really glad to know that your goodselves went from a avid to the Michelle. Sounds very reassuring indeed. I never really wanted a very digital sounding TT. Analogue has to sound smoothly analogue in my humble opinion. So you're only adding to my anticipation for my gyrodec now :)

1 hour ago, newlash09 said:

Thanks sir...well noted. Didn't recognize them at first glance. Only ever saw the mk2 version in pics. I guess you are having kef ref3's now if my memory serves me right :)

See related thread if interested... here, temporarily are my passive ATC SCM40 and active SCM40A's with gorgeous curved cabs (amp is Audia Flight FLS10, see another thread if interested!) The passive 40's and FLS10 integrated will shortly be heading to my northern man-cave; the actives live here. If anyone was considering paying 10k+ for current pair of passive SCM50's, they should do themselves a favour and also hear a pair of the SCM40A actives, a snip at a mere £6,800; each speaker contains 3 power amplifiers so all you need is a pre. The passive 40s are fantastic; the actives are stunning regardless of price but at the price offer ridiculously good no-brainer value for money. Hear them and argue!

Hope this helps with the shopping list...

IMG_4313.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

See related thread if interested... here, temporarily are my passive ATC SCM40 and active SCM40A's with gorgeous curved cabs (amp is Audia Flight FLS10, see another thread if interested!) The passive 40's and FLS10 integrated will shortly be heading to my northern man-cave; the actives live here. If anyone was considering paying 10k+ for current pair of passive SCM50's, they should do themselves a favour and also hear a pair of the SCM40A actives, a snip at a mere £6,800; each speaker contains 3 power amplifiers so all you need is a pre. The passive 40s are fantastic; the actives are stunning regardless of price but at the price offer ridiculously good no-brainer value for money. Hear them and argue!

Hope this helps with the shopping list...

IMG_4313.jpg

Wow..your amp looks fantastic. I've always maintained that the scm40 active will be my end game system. My present setup is in a small nook in my little daughters bedroom..Will only be a matter of time, before she starts growing into a teen and will want to have her room back. So playing with all the boxes I can before Iam evicted :D

• Like 1
On 19/05/2019 at 18:06, newlash09 said:

Michell gyro SE sir...And will fit a led strobe under it. Will be my kind of ghetto spinner :)

:cafe::whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

:pop:

c:/ *emit falls over laughing*

On 22/05/2019 at 17:14, TheFlash said:

:cafe::whistle:

Thanks a ton for sharing this Flash. Chronicals went out of the way and pinged me a PM to his add. Was initially hesitant to take the plunge, as customs in India are a real pain. So I usually lug my kit back personally. But after oogling on chronicle's gyro SE pics several times everyday, it finally got too much for me. So decided to take the plunge and fight it out for love :D

Thanks again for remembering me in the ocassion of this sale sir. Will remain much obliged:)

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Thanks a ton for sharing this Flash. Chronicals went out of the way and pinged me a PM to his add. Was initially hesitant to take the plunge, as customs in India are a real pain. So I usually lug my kit back personally. But after oogling on chronicle's gyro SE pics several times everyday, it finally got too much for me. So decided to take the plunge and fight it out for love :D

Thanks again for remembering me in the ocassion of this sale sir. Will remain much obliged:)

Result!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1