fs Triangle titus tzx speakers

Southeast

Triangle titus tzx. Condition is Used. 
The speakers are electrically perfect but I have photographed 2 blemishes that hopefully you can see. 

The woofer is the sought after French Triangle unit not the cheap Chinese version that is used in Triangle's current budget range. It is special in that it doesn't use a surround and the cone itself extends to the die-cast basket. I understand that Triangle did away with this process because of the expense of fabrication. These drive units frequently sell individually on French and German eBay for €150 each. Both drive units in my speakers are perfect as are the Triangle made tweeters. The woofer is 5" across. 

The bass port is at the front which allows close proximity to a rear wall unlike the usually rear ported mini monitors.  i do have the boxes for them but not the inner foam but can pack them safe enough but of cause collection is best.

delivery is a tenner and the cost i want is what i paid for them from a fellow wammer.

i have used his pictures of the speakers with his blessing. 

£160

payment via paypal gift.

would rather sell to active forum users. 

tr8.jpg

tr5.jpg

re3.jpg

tr2.jpg

tr.jpg

Interested, as I'm looking for sensitive standmounts good at low volume and these have been recommended. Any idea what postage would be, as you're a long drive from SE London!

postage would be ten pounds for tracked insured cover.   they are good at low volume as i listen at low volume and for me alot

of speakers sound dull at the low volume of  things, if you were able to collect i would let you have the b and w stands i am using for them

as i will have no use for them so may sell them but if you were to collect i would throw them in with the sale.

just pm you as a friend has offered to drop them off to you if your interested

Very kind, but haven't made my mind up yet!

no problem :)

little bump. still for sale. :)

Hi there Wammer!

I am curious on these speakers. I initally thought to be honest "I'll have them!" though perhaps I should not be collecting speakers as I have Comete EX already with upgraded crossover units and improved cabinets (they are in the living room !).

There are actually some EX Anniversary Edition available but that is off topic. On Topic
I would like to get an idea of the scale of these speakers. If they are around the size or not much smaller than a Comete EX I should buy them. Please could you add a picture with a frame of reference for scale, something simple like a CD or a beer can in the same frame as a cabinet would be lovely.

Thank you and looking forward to some pictures for us.

The tweeter may look a tad odd to some observers. That is a phase plug in the centre over a conventional dome tweeter. It is the very same tweeter in the Triangle Antals I had and which are now in Speedracer's system. It works fine and also this Titus uses the same bass/mid in those Antals.

They are not the latest model. but if what the seller says is the case, no worse for that.

Jack.

43 minutes ago, Millennium said:

the pictures though are of my speakers i no longer have a smart phone nor camera but i have measured  them and they are

8 inch wide10 1/2 inches deep and

12 1/2 inches high.

i just did a google search and fond a picture of another pair of my speakers in the same finish with a cd so that was lucky.

your in west London so your welcome to pop down if you want and listen with your own gear and if you end up not liking them no problem 

Hi there Wammer!

I am curious on these speakers. I initally thought to be honest "I'll have them!" though perhaps I should not be collecting speakers as I have Comete EX already with upgraded crossover units and improved cabinets (they are in the living room !).

There are actually some EX Anniversary Edition available but that is off topic. On Topic
I would like to get an idea of the scale of these speakers. If they are around the size or not much smaller than a Comete EX I should buy them. Please could you add a picture with a frame of reference for scale, something simple like a CD or a beer can in the same frame as a cabinet would be lovely.

Thank you and looking forward to some pictures for us.

ssssssss.jpg

23 minutes ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

The tweeter may look a tad odd to some observers. That is a phase plug in the centre over a conventional dome tweeter. It is the very same tweeter in the Triangle Antals I had and which are now in Speedracer's system. It works fine and also this Titus uses the same bass/mid in those Antals.

They are not the latest model. but if what the seller says is the case, no worse for that.

Jack.

thankyou sir,

i remember you from johns bake off, i always go with rob

are you not the wonderful founder of hifi plus? of which i have copies here in my house. :)

No, Dave (Bigfool) has that distinction. You would have met both of us  at the bake off though.

Well! colour me interested. I would like to ask you to PM me. I am not really in a position with my Current Mental Health 
to come to Portsmouth but if you could spell out the journey from W6 London I might do just to save on postage costs. The pair I have are fairly heavy though - I would love to meet you )):))
I did wonder why the Comete EX have 2 holes ported frontways per united.

11 hours ago, Millennium said:

Well! colour me interested. I would like to ask you to PM me. I am not really in a position with my Current Mental Health 
to come to Portsmouth but if you could spell out the journey from W6 London I might do just to save on postage costs. The pair I have are fairly heavy though - I would love to meet you )):))
I did wonder why the Comete EX have 2 holes ported frontways per united.

these can be brought to the Henley bakeoff 

June 8th? Might depend on car space I suppose. Um. Yep.