tompeter

Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 8000 Main / Stereo Speakers

Are there any specific reasons for your eBay links? :(

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mr.me said:

Are there any specific reasons for your eBay links? :(

Good point. The OP has literally posted nothing else.

These particular speakers look like a superb example of style over substance to me!

19 minutes ago, MartinC said:

These particular speakers look like a superb example of style over substance to me!

Looks aren’t everything, and can be deceiving. Try listening to them you might be impressed.

No hang on, I forgot this is a “HiFi Forum”, silly me :doh:.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Looks aren’t everything, and can be deceiving. Try listening to them you might be impressed.

No hang on, I forgot this is a “HiFi Forum”, silly me :doh:.

Looks do tell us something though :P. Tiny drivers and small cabinet volume in this case.

I just had a little Google out of curiosity and there is some good info. on the design here:

https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=802

I stand by my first reaction though :P. Audio quality has clearly taken a back seat to aesthetics in the design here.

Meh.:zzzz:

• Haha 2

Lovely speakers, great company turning out quality products.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Mmmm! one of his last links was for a pair of Yamaha NS-1000 Speakers located in Australia with £680 shipping cost. Just don't get the logic.

Super Wammer

Frankly I have blocked this OP as there is never any comment or view on if the item is good ot not nor is there ever any follow up comment . This appears to be some form of spam .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr.me said:

Mmmm! one of his last links was for a pair of Yamaha NS-1000 Speakers located in Australia with £680 shipping cost. Just don't get the logic.

Logic on a hi-fi forum...? Most unusual...:whistle:

On 10/08/2019 at 14:09, MartinC said:

I just had a little Google out of curiosity and there is some good info. on the design here:

https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=802

I stand by my first reaction though :P. Audio quality has clearly taken a back seat to aesthetics in the design here.

Just curious - which particular aspect of their sound didn't you like when you heard them?

38 minutes ago, Beobloke said:

Just curious - which particular aspect of their sound didn't you like when you heard them?

As you've no doubt guessed I've not heard them, but this doesn't in any way invalidate my comment.

If someone wanted to design the best sounding speakers they could for a particular amount of money they would not start with that design. Rather the design idea clearly came first and then they tried their best to mitigate the limitations. Hence form before function. This is a factual observation, rather than some judgement that this is 'wrong' since the aesthetics matter, albeit more to some than others.

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

As you've no doubt guessed I've not heard them, but this doesn't in any way invalidate my comment.

If someone wanted to design the best sounding speakers they could for a particular amount of money they would not start with that design. Rather the design idea clearly came first and then they tried their best to mitigate the limitations. Hence form before function. This is a factual observation, rather than some judgement that this is 'wrong' since the aesthetics matter, albeit more to some than others.

Says it all :yeah:.

I had a colleague in the 90s who bought these as part of a b&o system.

Being in my own little world of Linn, Naim, Heybrook  etc at the time, I rather turned my nose up at them.

However they sounded surprisingly good.   I think he still has the system.

• Upvote 1