Brexit

boussven

Does this include you? If so, your point is?

The point is :-  Don't just regurgitate opinion as facts.  Or are you just another member of the 'We are all doomed Brigade.'  

Says Buryme Inaditch

Will you provide the spade?

Only just discovered this cheerful forum and whilst I would like to read all the ins and outs I feel I must limit myself to the last 3 -4 pages in order to retain my sanity. So, just a couple of thoughts. I apologise if these have already been aired. Some personal some not.

1. In the last 40 odd years I have never woke up to any feeling of persecution or subduction due to our membership of the EU.

2. In the last 40 years I have often woken up to feeling of persecution and subduction brought about by laws imposed on the people of the UK by its own government. Laws that have nothing to do with the EU.

3. I have yet to hear any argument from the Leave campaign or individuals that in the final analysis did not boil down to:

1. No Johnny foreigner is going to tell me what to do;

2. It is all the fault of those dam immigrants;

3. We can do a better trade deal on our own. Highly debateable in my opinion.

4. Many of those who rant against the European Court of Justice quote findings that refer to the European Court of Human Rights. Which of course has nothing to do with the EU.

5.  The detailed explanation of the workings of the EU as quoted by CnoEvil look very much like the TV documentary aired early on in the Brexit debate. Not certain if BBC or SKY.

6. The “Clean Break” argument often put forward never seems to then go on to explain what happens after. Given that this would involve putting at least one finger up to the other 27 countries with whom be conduct some 60% of our trade and almost certainly has legal consequences, I just wonder what those putting this option forward expect to do next. Expecting the EU to just start new negotiations as if nothing has happened is probably unlikely.

For reasons of clarity, yes I voted for Remain am elderly and of a sound mind. I expect that to be denied.

Really enjoying this Forum. Great idea and makes a change from valves, tone arms, and all the other joys associated with HiFi.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

As stated before I am neither remain nor leave, both sides have their reasons rightly or wrongly and are very passionate about their views .

It is obvious that certain parts of our society decided it was time to give the establishment a kicking

And boy has it opened a can of worms.

The retrenchment on both sides is much akin to religious sects or even the sectarian views in Ireland and look how long those conflicts have lasted..

If the referendum decision is overturned the leave voters will always believe that they were stitched up.and that will go on for generations to come

Especially if a referendum doesn't include a no deal question.

If you doubt that you are delusional.. its human nature.

And we all know to our cost ,you can't beat nature...

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1

For me it always begs the question 

At what percentage of difference between leave and remain would the remain camp accept the decision...5%, 10% , 20% , 30%, 40%

I suspect never....

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1

It is very much a fight between fact and faith

Two very admirable men

The arch bishop of Canterbury will never believe there is no God

On the other hand Professor Brian Cox will always believe in the big bang

And there is no compromise between the two theories.

That has always been a dilemma since Darwin. 

But one of them must be wrong...yet we teach both theories in school..

Should the facts always outweigh the faith.....

Wrong or right they are both entitled in this free country to their opinion and in the same way so should remainers and brexiteers..

We should not resort to overpower one or the other...

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 2

If we put to the country a vote on whether there is a God 

Without doubt the facts should win hands down.

So as a society should we pass a law saying there is no God

But people with faith would never accept it ever............

And I would still respect their views...

That is their right and should always be so.

Kindest regards Julian 

Will you provide the spade?

Not only would I provide it, I would put it to good use afterwards to prevent a nasty stench from permeating the atmosphere.

In a way we are dealing with the fundamentals of human nature 

At what point do we make that compromise in ourselves.

I watched the new Attenborough series last night. With the albatross chick falling out the nest.

The adult did not recognise its young even though it was a foot away..

It had to get back in the nest or die.

Science and fact says we should not interfere..........

How many of us would have given it a helping hand.

Facts will always be a matter of personal choice   .....no matter what we are told.

My own nature would have given the chick a helping hand even though I understand the facts...

How many of you compromise on the facts you are given..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Upvote 1

Agreed.

But no reason to not deal with it now.  What the campaign needs now is to emphasise the positive, which is what they should've done before.  They accidentally created project fear (which is now project reality of course) but should've gone with the good side of the story.

What is real

Sadly alas I believe it's too late.

It would be like trying to convince the arch bishop of Canterbury there is no God, yet all science and fact says so......

In reality some things are impossible when dealing with human nature..

Kindest regards Julian 

just heard a funny joke said by the snp leader in the commons while giving a speech 

he said a shiver went up to the labour party looking for a spine to crawl up but no spine did the shiver find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not only would I provide it, I would put it to good use afterwards to prevent a nasty stench from permeating the atmosphere.

Having your arse were your head should be, will make identifying a stench  easy for you to recognise!

• Haha 1

Having your arse were your head should be, will make identifying a stench  easy for you to recognise!

840_big.jpg

Steve-Bell-11.09.14-009.jpg?width=940&qu

When I was buying my house 40 yrs ago I was given lots of advice on how much debt should I have

Basically 

Don't leave yourself short you still gotta live

Don't miss a payment you could lose your house 

How the hell can the approx 500 million Europeans run up £10,000,000,000,000,000,000

of debt

I think the figure is 10 trillion

My phone calculator threw a fit and just shut down.

But in my head I reckon it's about

£20,000 each  

That's more than I paid for my house

Kindest regards Julian 

Edited by bigrod
Correcting pronunciation