r0bin

Kazoo 4.13.48 crashes on MacBook

I installed the latest update on a MacBook Air (13" 2018) running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and it crashes on start up. I have gone back to a Time Machine back up. Anyone else having problems with this version?

Yep I have had some issues on iPad Pro not seeing kazoo server or even second DS player... I ended up rescanning the network a couple of times after stopping kazoo server on NAS and restarting, seems to be ok now....

I got this reply from the Linn 

Our engineers have realised that the latest version of Kazoo is broken and they are working hard to get a new version released as quickly as possible.

Why don't Linn just post something on here or on their own twitter account fessing up to the problem? It would save hours of customer time rebooting stuff and chasing round problem solving. Things go wrong of course, but good communication with customers = understanding customers.

Better still... get the engineer to just test the app before issuing a new version.. In this case just clicking on the app to open it would have revealed it crashed every single time. It can't possibly have been tested before issue.

All software goes through Beta testing before official release. It is peculiar indeed that this got through - unless there is no one with a Mac in the beta testing program!

Even so, pretty poor show - and even the Linn development forum has a post about it and that hasn't even had a reply!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, timster said:

- and even the Linn development forum has a post about it and that hasn't even had a reply!

...sometimes I wonder why that forum exists at all.

’troll

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

...sometimes I wonder why that forum exists at all.

’troll

It's all about the new "Linn" CP I think. Anything else seems to get ignored.

I’ve have an iPad Pro and have been using Kazoo 4.13.48 without any issues

No problems here but looks like Linn have sorted it with an update 3 days ago. Now Kazoo keeps telling me there is an update!!! Checked and it is the latest version but I cannot et rid of the message about the update.

Version 4.13.48 is the one that crashes on a MacBook pro. This was issued 3 days ago. Linn are issuing a new version to correct the fault. Kazoo advertises a new version & says this is 4.13.53 available from the App store. However, it is not yet available on the App store. Perhaps it takes time to make it available. Clicking the update link on Kazoo for 4.13.53 does not work. At least not for me anyway.

Thank you SoundAdikt for directing me to a very old version as above. This works great again.

On 29/08/2019 at 09:45, SoundAdikt said:

Same here, but managed to find an older download that works as an interim measure:

https://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Kazoo_User_Guide_for_for_Windows_and_iMac

As it seems that 4.13.53 is still not available I reverted to this version too. I am under the impression that it is different sounding than more recent versions, although space etc is applied as well, it seems. Hope that the new version will be available soon.

I don’t think the control point (Kazoo) has anything to do with the reproduction of the music. As an experiment: Try to shut down Kazoo while playing a piece of music. What happens?

• Upvote 1