Daisy

Royd Abbots

On 05/09/2019 at 12:44, forgot-my-id said:

decently powered amp needed otherwise bass is very recessed, provided that box is ticked these will sound very good 

Hmm....not sure about that. I've run mine with 18w of vintage Rotel amplification and sounded absolutely great. Also a loaner Sugden A21a (25w) which was sublime. Currently on the end of a Cyrus 7 (60w I think) and no noticeable difference to the earlier amps.

Edited by springer

I'm no expert but sounded great when used with pair of leaktl12+ also used it with inca Tech Claymore 2 and again great.i thought they would have been snapped ages ago. Only selling as made big commitment and need funds.

• Like 1

I wonder if I had an early version ? I thought theyd have sold by now. Bargain time

That very slightly off centre thing with the tweeters. If you're going to position them off centre then make it definite (Just an aesthetic view). But still very good looking floorstanders.

Edited by TIU

most things this big are collection only. Part of the reason that second hand furniture is so cheap - got to rent a van to move it.

There's a definite L and R with the Abbots - mine came with stickers on the back labelled as such. These are an absolute bargain - cannot believe they haven't been snapped up. If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be over to Cheshire in a heartbeat.