Lurches 3rd Anniversary Southcoast Bake-off SUNDAY November 17TH, PO19

5 hours ago, Jessica_k said:

I will bring my phono stage which should be in its final stage of development. Single unit, large enclosed toroidal trans, silver RCA’s and built in LL1931 SUT. 

I am also having my TT arm upgraded to the audiomods S6 this is said to be a massive improvement over the S5 so interesting to see what peeps think

finally IF I can get the use of the X3 I will bring my PMC’s , I will not be able to bring them in the Fiat

Never knowingly heard a pair so yes please if possible. Am sure Chris (GLB) is gagging to give his new speakers a day out, so should be okay if you  can't. 

59 minutes ago, chrisph said:

I could bring my AE2's if folks would like a listen to them plus the IOATAVX SA3 integrated amp and PA3 power amp which I am currently using to drive them.

Yep Bring them along  Chris. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankyou everyone for your kind comments, but as I've said before, it's you lot that make the day a special event. A joint enterprise if you will. I just move some furniture out and throw stuff in a f

Live from Chichester... and Johns recently repaired Quads are doing the business and sound sublime.. so much has changed in his system over the years, only the arm, streamer and wall colour remain the

You need some cable lifters on that Jules.

Posted Images

Well you know what I have John, happy to bring anything other than speakers, unless we get a new motor by then which means I could then bring them along.

Well don't want you straining yourself at the moment Brook, so keep to the lighter stuff for the time being, and then gauge how you feel nearer the time. For me though can you bring your TQ Ultra blue, would like to try them in my system. 

On 26/09/2019 at 02:20, Lurch said:

Am sure Chris (GLB) is gagging to give his new speakers a day out,

They  need a bigger space mate could get them in main room though but unfortunately not the playroom .

58 minutes ago, GLB said:

They  need a bigger space mate could get them in main room though but unfortunately not the playroom .

Guess you'll just have to bring your new amp then. 

Mind you the watt puppy 7s sounded good in the playroom. 

14 hours ago, Lurch said:

Guess you'll just have to bring your new amp then. 

Mind you the watt puppy 7s sounded good in the playroom. 

yep amp can come , my speakers room requirements is min 12 ft width so they can be 8ft apart and 2ft to sides with an 8ft listening position how ether more room the better they sound , they like large rooms but can get away with that as a min my room is just about big enough , they love high quality valve amps as well , bringing my amp is no prob , 80w class A warm sweet and beautiful .

On 27/09/2019 at 07:59, Lurch said:

Well don't want you straining yourself at the moment Brook, so keep to the lighter stuff for the time being, and then gauge how you feel nearer the time. For me though can you bring your TQ Ultra blue, would like to try them in my system. 

I think I just might be able to carry them & fit them in the car John!

Have added you David 

17 hours ago, saladisfun said:

John

Yes please if there is room. I can bring my LS3/5a's and Quad Vena II if that helps

David

David, I have just acquired a new amp & in one of the reviews I read it used the 16 ohm speaker taps to connect a pair of LS3/5a's, & the reviewer said it was the best he had ever heard those speakers sound, so I would be happy to bring it along if you would like to hear it?

2238067-line-magnetic-lm518ia-22-watt-845-based-integrated-amplifier-gold-free-shipping.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm up for this if I'm not at work! 👍 

Will add you to the list

• Upvote 1

John - If there's room, please could I come along?

Steve.