JBL 5000Ti - for sale, VGC, custom finish

londonmuso

Rarely available and sought after JBL 5000Ti

NOW SOLD 

Custom Mercedes silver automotive paint finish with cobalt blue outside insert strip. Sound superb and look fabulous. A couple of small cosmetic scuffs to paintwork on lower front panel and a larger scuff area on side panel, both on the left speaker. No effect whatsoever on speaker performance and barely noticeable but they are there and are shown in pics. All drive units, surrounds and crossovers in great condition as are the cabinets bar scuffs mentioned.

Genuine audiophile level floor-standing speakers. 4 driver 3-way rear ported design featuring JBL's finest and most sophisticated drive units of the time featuring massive magnet assemblies and  high quality crossovers in an incredibly heavy and massively constructed sandwich panelled inert trapezoidal enclosure. These should not be confused at all with JBL's standard speaker lines. These were JBL's top of line domestic hi-end floor standing speakers of the time and very expensive.

Specifications

Type: 3 way, 4 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 35Hz to 20kHz
Recommended Amplifier: 300W (maximum)
Crossover Frequency: 300, 3000Hz
Impedance: 6Ω
Sensitivity: 91dB
Bass: 1 x 300mm aquaplas cone
Midrange: 2 x 130mm polypropylene cone
Tweeter: 1 x 25mm titanium dome
Enclosure: 90 litre, bass reflex
Dimensions: 480 x 1147 x 380mm
Weight: 58kg
Year: 1994

These deliver outstanding across the board coherence and resolution with superb deep, powerful and extended bass with fantastic control. The use of a dedicated mid-range driver with separate mid-bass coupler assures superb midrange clarity and resolution with seamless mid to bass integration and the Ti titanium tweeter offers very good speed and natural detail and clarity without harshness. They offer a very musical, rich, dynamic and powerful presentation with genuine scale and warmth without compromising high resolution. 

There is lots of info on these online that will confirm the quality and performance they offer. See reviews at:

http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/jbl/ti5000.html

And there are more details on the design available here:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/jbl-Ti5000.html

They can be used with relatively low powered amps given their sensitivity and nominal impedance BUT they really do benefit and work best with beefy amps with real drive and current delivery capabilities that take advantage of and can take a grip of the massive power handling and dynamic capabilities these speakers offer.

I can demonstrate the speakers working.

I do not have any of the original boxes or cartons for these and they are incredibly heavy and a two person lift per speaker.

THEY ARE THEREFORE ONLY FOR COLLECTION FROM LONDON SW12 AND PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND IF CONSIDERING BUYING

They would fit in a standard estate or family hatchback with the rear seats down I imagine but check dimensions.

NOTE - THE POST IS FOR ONLY THE PAIR OF JBL 5000Ti SPEAKERS. NO OTHER EQUIPMENT OR CABLES SHOWN IN THE PICS ARE PART OF THE SALE.

I'm selling as part of a clear out of my private collection of high quality audio equipment I've gathered over a period of decades. Just don't have space or time to use or listen to everything.

20190905_152047_compress76.jpg

20190905_152017_compress26.jpg

20190905_152509_compress5.jpg

20190905_152456_compress79.jpg

20190905_152525_compress18.jpg

20190905_152113_compress57.jpg

20190905_151834_compress18.jpg

20190905_152224_compress41.jpg

20190905_152121_compress4.jpg

Edited by londonmuso
NOW SOLD
  • Like 1

yep..they really are ...a major bargain at this price to be honest..just need the space and would rather someone else got the opportunity to enjoy them. 

Do you have the grilles?

yes, speakers come with the grilles. Pic of the speakers with the grilles on attached. The substantial grille frames seem to have warped a little over the years and have the odd crack but the grilles do still fit ok and the grille cloth is in very good condition.

20190906_075524_compress27.jpg

20190906_080305_compress95.jpg

Edited by londonmuso
Adding info and pics
  • Like 2

Personally I think they look even nicer with the grilles on... and it has the added advantage of hiding the mark shown in one of your photos. Fabulous.

Good luck with your sale.

• Upvote 1