Sign in to follow this  
hifinutt

Heco speakers club

Super Wammer

They look amazing. How do they sound? Pity you are on shifts. Life is hard.

20 minutes ago, yoda900 said:

They look amazing. How do they sound? Pity you are on shifts. Life is hard.

Hi Mike.

Shifts start tomorrow.

Very very decent. Not just the deep bass but I'm quite shocked at the overall improvement. Its day one and I'm not getting carried away as I need to let they settle in and get used to them more.

As you know its the first change in 13 or so years the last was adding supertweeters to my Proacs. 

Been listening to music from 7pm. Might be a late night, Donna has gone to bed lol.

Just listening to some Jill Scott, delicious late night listening.

Have you ever listened to Casey Abrams album called Put A Spell On You? So much better on the Heco's its shocking.

Edited by Lee M

Super Wammer

Hi Lee,

Pity you are in work. Will track down Casey Abrams at the weekend. Thanks

• Like 1

Really really thinking about trying a pair of Direkts...

Currently got my WLM La Scala's (Cosmo and Bourney's old ones) but keep getting drawn to these.

Anyone know how they'll perform with my MBL 7006 Integrated??? 

• Like 1

Hello Russell.

I'm running my mine with 16 class A watts which seems plenty powerful enough. I know that is not everything with amps. Someone else will be more helpful than me.

Edited by Lee M

2 hours ago, Lee M said:

Hello Russell.

I'm running my mine with 16 class A watts which seems plenty powerful enough. I know that is not everything with amps. Someone else will be more helpful than me.

Thanks Lee.

Slight change of tack in that I’m thinking of trying the single driver Einklang’s instead of  Direkts as they’re more suited to the space where I’ll be using them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Weeman1973 said:

Thanks Lee.

Slight change of tack in that I’m thinking of trying the single driver Einklang’s instead of  Direkts as they’re more suited to the space where I’ll be using them

Oh cool. Maybe i would have been better off with those myself but in for a penny and all that.

Must admit I'm skipping tracks which is not like me at all. Thinking oh this must sound good then jumping to the next that pops into my head.

Aren't new toys great

Edited by Lee M

Impressive.  Looks good too.  What is the model number?

Super Wammer
On 10/02/2020 at 23:04, Lee M said:

Oh cool. Maybe i would have been better off with those myself but in for a penny and all that.

Must admit I'm skipping tracks which is not like me at all. Thinking oh this must sound good then jumping to the next that pops into my head.

Aren't new toys great

How are they going? Hope that you can live with them long term and this weekend are not on nights so can settle in with them. Stop skipping tracks! I can hear why they  might sound good on Casey Abrams. Thanks for the recommendation.

Smaller cabinet required between them?

Mike

1 hour ago, yoda900 said:

How are they going? Hope that you can live with them long term and this weekend are not on nights so can settle in with them. Stop skipping tracks! I can hear why they  might sound good on Casey Abrams. Thanks for the recommendation.

Smaller cabinet required between them?

Mike

Just listening again, they are keepers, and do sound very good. Just the usual mastering issues everyone has to deal with nowadays. Maybe a smaller unit might help...im obviously lacking width but when its well recorded its there, like with the Casey Abrams album for instance.  Over all im very happy with the Hecos. Ive not missed my Proacs yet. I might pop the back in and see the difference. Just need plenty of spinach first.

On 11/02/2020 at 02:09, Andrei said:

Impressive.  Looks good too.  What is the model number?

Sorry forgot the reply. There are three models in the range. A single driver, a two way which are mine and a huge three way model. 

Spinach indeed, I've found grasping a front leg and the opposite top corner (whilst wearing a soft jumper !) the best method. Not risked carrying them upstairs yet though.

Maybe some small castors are in order, I do tend to shift stuff round , too often.

5 hours ago, metlor said:

Spinach indeed, I've found grasping a front leg and the opposite top corner (whilst wearing a soft jumper !) the best method. Not risked carrying them upstairs yet though.

Maybe some small castors are in order, I do tend to shift stuff round , too often.

I stupidly carried/walked one speaker in its box from the house to the garage. The second got unboxed and carried in its soft bag thing. So much easier to man handle but was worried about dropping the speaker....I'd say my speaker stands for my Proacs feel similar weight. 

Edited by Lee M

Super Wammer

How are they sounding?

• Like 1