TheFlash

Bluesound Node 2 vs "pimped" Node 2i with linear PSU

I'm not sure how this thread got cited as a bad example. A seller of an interface chose to post some measurements to demonstrate the performance of their product. A request was then made for a different set of measurements for which the seller has now said they don't have the appropriate equipment for. This could have been the full extent of this.

Posted (edited)

It is fairly simple: respect each others' opinion or choose to ignore posts from that user. At the moment, both sides are guilty of repeating themselves, ad nauseam, and it is causing frustration. To be clear, this is from both sides and, personally, I don't believe either party is more guilty than the other. The reason for particular intervention in this thread is because two members crossed the line in to swearing at one of the members. The tone was aggressive so the posts were hidden and interventions, by two moderators, made.

Edited by oldius
  • Like 5

Super Wammer

Blimey, glad I’ve not been involved in this one.. 

Mid morning coffee and getting ready for Popmaster lol

8B3956F3-8E2D-45B8-A2F4-21BAEB93587A.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, robbyrtp said:

Some of us just like to know the reviewers point of view and really don’t want to know the ins and out of a Cows arse how he or she came to the conclusion.

On the other hand, understanding the reviewer's methodology as to how he came to hold that point of view might be useful.

For me, having some understanding of how a point of view is arrived at is important, it helps me decide whether this view has any credence or relevance to my situation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MGTOW said:

On the other hand, understanding the reviewer's methodology as to how he came to hold that point of view might be useful.

For me, having some understanding of how a point of view is arrived at is important, it helps me decide whether this view has any credence or relevance to my situation.

Perfectly understood but at the end of the day it will depend on the reviewers ears , system , mood , age , environment, musical tastes, quality of recordings used etc . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbyrtp said:

Perfectly understood but at the end of the day it will depend on the reviewers ears , system , mood , age , environment, musical tastes, quality of recordings used etc . 

That's an argument for the context being more important rather than less though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robbyrtp said:

Yes of course, but as an example, if I had a graph that showed me that amplifier's harmonic distortion got significantly worse with power, that would be interesting to know. It's factual and not depending on the listener's subjective assessment which may have been done at low volume where the distortion had no real impact. The listener's subjective assessment is that it's great (and most people would agree). The objective assessment is that there might be a problem at high power / volume. You can decide whether that's important or not to you. Both pieces of information are useful. I wouldn't want to come down firmly one side of the argument or the other .. all opinions, facts and measurements can have some validity.

15 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Finally if the sound has changed then the measurements will reflect this change, measurements taken at the output of the device.

No not necessarily. It depends what you're measuring.

Super Wammer

There is now a separate thread on How to Audition Hifi Properly. That would be a great place for any posts which do not relate specifically to the Node 2/2i or to linear power supplies, including any points about the importance or not of measurement. 

(This is not a reply to any specific post).

• Like 3

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, beermaniac said:

Thats a fine looking coffee- how did you make it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, good old coffee making machine 

(sorry @TheFlash

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Lol, good old coffee making machine 

(sorry @TheFlash

I think you’ll find coffee is always on topic. :cafe:

53 minutes ago, beermaniac said:

Thats a fine looking coffee- how did you make it?

Clearly involves very careful measurement to get the layers right...:cafe:

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Clearly involves very careful measurement to get the layers right...:cafe:

What if there were no measurements involved?