TheFlash

Bluesound Node 2 vs "pimped" Node 2i with linear PSU

2 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

Just a suggestion, a few posts on methods of sound quality evaluation is interesting and relevant in a thread discussing differences in sound due to different power supplies. If one has a bee in ones bonnet about this subject and wishes to discourse at length then why not start a thread and discuss it there.

My boredom threshold for this subject was reached quite few pages ago and the thought of another dozen pages discussing this is reducing the chances of me staying awake.

Mmm, I’m finding that comment rather rich, considering the only reason why I check in here is to discover your findings fourlegs. You suggested the PS super test weeks ago. 

I can see Keith’s point that one should just buy a better streamer. Ha

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Lord J said:

Mmm, I’m finding that comment rather rich, considering the only reason why I check in here is to discover your findings fourlegs. You suggested the PS super test weeks ago. 

Like I said, I will not have all the power supplies to hand until the end of this week at the earliest and as it will involve swopping between them there is no merit in starting until all are to hand.

On your second point, another streamer might well cost much more than the Node plus a power supply.

Also different/better streamer might in any case also benefit from a better power supply . . . . . and so it continues.

10 minutes ago, Lord J said:

I suggest handbags at dawn... :whistle:

Just buy Pawels or FA circuit board and a Ifi power supply, sounds great and probably cheaper. 

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, robbyrtp said:

Just buy Pawels or FA circuit board and a Ifi power supply, sounds great and probably cheaper. 

So I guess you have tried all the other options and so I can forget about doing my own shoot out? Well, that’s a relief. 

Out of interest, was that going into your listed Roksan dac and how would you describe the improvement compared to the factory smps?

Bloody hell Mr Fourlegs I've just got bored of waiting for this super test of power supplies and this thread trundling on and off topic. I'm using A Bluesound Node 2i F A board and Ifi power supply playing Qobuz, I would describe the improvement of fine detail. I've had a fair few I have never heard that before moment's. 😂

Edited by robbyrtp
  • Like 1

This thread is so long I thought thank goodness, looks like the objective and subjective matter has been solved. By the look of things we need wrap speed rate to solve  this one. 4 billion miles per second. :zzzz:

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, robbyrtp said:

Bloody hell Mr Fourlegs I've just got bored of waiting for this super test of power supplies and this thread trundling on and off topic. I'm using A Bluesound Node 2i F A board and Ifi power supply playing Qobuz, I would describe the improvement of fine detail. I've had a fair few I have never heard that before moment's. 😂

Yeah but eventually the bluebottles will fly away and then we can have fun comparing power supplies.

sorry, edit to ask again whether you are using the onboard DAC?

Edited by Fourlegs

12 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Yeah but eventually the bluebottles will fly away and then we can have fun comparing power supplies.

13 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

No Nick I find it a bit flat IMO. Maybe I like the more lively presentation of the Roksan DAC in my system. 

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, TheFlash said:

You may recall that about a milllion posts ago I created a thread for just this purpose. Time for a reminder, perhaps:

I also created one about blind buying of hifi as well but this thread here seems to have more traction. 

Super Wammer

Ah, interesting. I see they make great play of the size of the capacitors. I am currently making a diy 5v supply for my own use for the Node 2i (and Qutest DAC) which has three 360F supercapacitors . . . .

Edited by Fourlegs

14 minutes ago, beermaniac said:

Heres an interesting LPS from Topping suitable for the Node and it has 3 outputs. Unfortunately delivery not till August.

TOPPING P50 Linear Power Supply For Topping D50/D50s/DX3 Pro/A50 110V-240V (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VPP255D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YST.EbY0ZW9NA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The P50 is available from Audiophonics in France, €129 plus shipping. If you order out of China it is cheaper but you may have to pay import duties etc.

Also the 5v supplies are rated at just 1 amp, will this be sufficient for the Node?

And on it goes.

1amp out is not sufficient.
So the Audiophonics P50 is out as well as the Topping option, which also 1 amp output.

This Audiophonics would be ok.

Ive listed it earlier in the thread and mentioned it was the unit used by Pawl in his tests.

please note you’d need to order a connecting cable separately.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-power-supply/audiophonics-lpsu25-linear-regulated-low-noise-power-supply-usb-220v-to-5v-2a-25va-p-11364.html

And on it goes.
1amp out is not sufficient.
So the Audiophonics P50 is out as well as the Topping option, which also 1 amp output.
This Audiophonics would be ok.
Ive listed it earlier in the thread and mentioned it was the unit used by Pawl in his tests.
please note you’d need to order a connecting cable separately.
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-power-supply/audiophonics-lpsu25-linear-regulated-low-noise-power-supply-usb-220v-to-5v-2a-25va-p-11364.html

Ah, didnt realise the Node needs 2A, thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk