TheFlash

Std vs "pimped" Bluesound Node 2i - and some other stuff

Super Wammer

No but I can sing Solo , Solo you can not hear me which is better for everyone . Boom Boom as the fox would say .

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fled said:

All pimped up with polish interface and sbooster psu. 

Very nice indeed without doubt more beautiful distortion across the spectrum. 😜

I am now dad dancing and toe tapping like a lunatic 🤣🕺

Seriously though even from cold it does sound very dynamic. 

👍👍

Do you still need to use an interface to use an sbooster? 

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Yes, for any DC power you will need an interface. 

As a matter of interest, did anyone try an AC mains conditioner with the node in its original state? And were there differences?

10 hours ago, Camverton said:

That could be said of anyone posting on a forum. Is that why you are here?

Come again?

The reason I’m on here is due to my interest in ringing the best possible performance out of the Bluesound node 2i. In its base form it’s a great little device. It’s stable and intuitive operating software puts many of its competitors and units costing far more to shame. I know, because I tried them.

Ive posted my experiences earlier in the thread and I’m as mystified as others are on the long ramblings of some that suggest it’s a waste of time. 

Thanks to Flash and Fourlegs and others on here, I got the confidence to go for it and I’m delighted with the result.

I went with the Pawel interface and Sbooster.

Sorry if I’m repeating myself and I really will get my coat  

• Like 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, greybeard said:

As a matter of interest, did anyone try an AC mains conditioner with the node in its original state? And were there differences?

Use a PI AG1500S Regen on my whole rig, but it improved things for me across the board, but never just on the standard Node2. Did end up removing the Node2 from the PI feed and putting it direct to the wall socket, basically to stop the SMPS noise from being injected back to the rest of my rig via the PI, which improved things slightly. Now my Node2 is pimped I've plugged the LPS feeding it back into the PI chain. 

Have also added the Cheap Chinese LPS I originally purchased for the pimped Node, to my FiiO Taishan DAC and it has turned a £20 matchbox DAC into something rather special. Even so can't wait to get my newly pimped Jolida Glass fx back in the chain, it should be back today. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 1

Super Dealer
6 hours ago, Lord J said:

I’m as mystified as others are on the long ramblings of some that suggest it’s a waste of time. 

It is possible that he is now working on a simulation of the internal combustion engine to 'prove' that it cannot work. :PxD:D

Super Dealer

Power supply ‘a’ may in isolation measure better than power supply ‘b’ , but this is the key point we are not listening to the power supplies in isolation.

Components should have built- in  adequate mains regulation and filtration, if we glance at ASR’s measurements of the Bluesound while it is not ‘state of the art’ in terms of measurement it shows no power suply noise on the output.

When one compares components the comparison must be conducted unsighted, one must not know which component one is listening to that is absolutely crucial but often and sadly overlooked.

Previously perceived differences often disappear when compared unsighted.

Keith

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Power supply ‘a’ may in isolation measure better than power supply ‘b’ , but this is the key point we are not listening to the power supplies in isolation.

Components should have built- in  adequate mains regulation and filtration, if we glance at ASR’s measurements of the Bluesound while it is not ‘state of the art’ in terms of measurement it shows no power suply noise on the output.

When one compares components the comparison must be conducted unsighted, one must not know which component one is listening to that is absolutely crucial but often and sadly overlooked.

Previously perceived differences often disappear when compared unsighted.

Keith

Without a power supply won't be listening to anything!!

I have tried 2 different power supplies, the first one was much worse and the second was much better, how can you say they don't make a difference. 

Super Dealer

A ‘better’ power supply could make a difference if the component it powers is extremely badly designed, as you can see the Bluesound ( while not being technically exemplary) does not show any power supply noise with its stock supply.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-bluesound-node-2i-streamer.6631/

Keith

• Upvote 1

Super Dealer
18 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Without a power supply won't be listening to anything!!

I have tried 2 different power supplies, the first one was much worse and the second was much better, how can you say they don't make a difference. 

Don't encourage the trolls. There is no benefit to feeding them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

A ‘better’ power supply could make a difference if the component it powers is extremely badly designed, as you can see the Bluesound ( while not being technically exemplary) does not show any power supply noise with its stock supply.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-bluesound-node-2i-streamer.6631/

Keith

Noise is quite high, over 15bd worse than the better DACs and distortion is high. 

Super Dealer
41 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Don't encourage the trolls. There is no benefit to feeding them.

Establishing a verifiable difference should have been your very first step, especially as a manufacturer.

As it stands every claim you have made is unsubstantiated.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Establishing a verifiable difference should have been your very first step, especially as a manufacturer.

As it stands every claim you have made is unsubstantiated.

Keith

He doesn’t manufacture power supplies 

kieth, you obviously are jealous of this forum activity hence the continued negativity against anything that you are not a part of.

its like you being left out of a game in a playground at school. 
Your hell bent on destroying people’s enjoyment of the hobby good or bad. 

• Upvote 1

I have just "pimped my node" 😳 I can clearly hear a substantial improvement. 

This has been possible due to @Fourlegsand @Flash and this forum. 

They have directly made my hobby more pleasurable. 

@PuritéAudio you however have done nothing except arrogantly snipe. 

It makes not a crap of difference to me what the measurements are or what the inner workings are doing. 

• Like 2