Linn LP12 plinth - cocobolo rosewood

Knipester

Before...

F1-CD130-E-3-DE6-49-B3-92-FC-C7639438-BA

Hercules power supply installed

40179-C58-A3-CE-47-FE-AD18-B4-E7-A41-D87

Currently residing in my diy jig where new springs installed, and the plinth looks great

2-D71459-A-A1-F1-47-B5-8580-C2-B0-DE3-F3

Edited by Knipester
  • Upvote 2

Very nice indeed! I love the grain.

Whoever posted the link no here might want to think about their security or friend. Reported to Apple for blatant ignorance of AIC Laws.

What might have been an interesting thread for LP owners is nothing more than a scam.

Confusing

Confusing

Exciting! I wanna know what on earth that was about!

Edited by Tristan

maybe Tune needs to have a rest for a few days or start his new hobby ?? Meant kindly.

maybe something got removed ??

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, orangeart said:

That turned out nice.

Thanks Stefan im really chuffed with the end result. a big thanks must go to @Tristan for kindly helping me to get the grace arm working and providing his expert knowledge (witchcraft) on setting up the deck.

Fortunetlu it’s sounding  good too however I’m hoping for a jump in performance  on that front when a ultra rare grace F9 cartridge arrives I’ve just secured. From what I hear they are top draw and a perfect match for the vintage arm. 

my one dilemma is that as my system is fully digital/active getting the analogue to digital conversion (aes) From my Graham slee ERA is still a bit of a cobble as the ADC I’m using is without double the weak link. Recommendations welcomed for a good methods/fix.

• Upvote 1

That is the 'problem' with a digital system. I actually use a mic input on my studio interface and do the RIAA EQ digitally as well. Phono level from a MM isn't far off the level from a mic

2 hours ago, orangeart said:

That is the 'problem' with a digital system. I actually use a mic input on my studio interface and do the RIAA EQ digitally as well. Phono level from a MM isn't far off the level from a mic

Not familiar with studio interfaces, what make/model do you use?

currently my phono stage feeds matchbox sized ifi powered £40 adc sending the signal 4m across the room via toslink optical which then gets converted from optical to digital AES via another box (studio spares). I know this needs improving. 

my speakers can be switched to receive an analogue signal (xlr) but this would mean 2x cables across the room to each speaker with one of them being 5m &8m respectively. I may move the lp12 to the middle of the speakers if I choose this route.

I use a MOTU 8a. There are better ways though. Linn's own new phono stage outputs digital. Or just a slightly posher version of what you are doing already.

I use a MOTU 8a. There are better ways though. Linn's own new phono stage outputs digital. Or just a slightly posher version of what you are doing already.

Something like this would work well.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/mytek_digital_brooklyn_adc_black.htm?o=9&search=1576598480