Tim F

Most ridiculous hifi foooo

19 minutes ago, Tim F said:

They even have a White Paper  "Power to the Pebble" - Impressive! :geek:

Edited by CnoEvil

1 hour ago, Tim F said:

Really? Stone me!  :D

Super Wammer

These found their way into my rucksack recently during a visit to the seaside...

77F16850-A3F3-477A-BCB2-65981C94C254.thumb.jpeg.708841a64cc2a86b91982d8e3d303bf2.jpeg
Just need to find a small plastic bag and I’m in the money 👍

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On 06/11/2019 at 11:30, AntA said:

These might actually work and a cheap upgrade. https://www.earglasses.com/

14.jpg

They might work if they were made of the same material as our ears..

Kindest regards Julian 

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, orbscure said:

These found their way into my rucksack recently during a visit to the seaside...

77F16850-A3F3-477A-BCB2-65981C94C254.thumb.jpeg.708841a64cc2a86b91982d8e3d303bf2.jpeg

Use conkers instead...pleasant smell and supposed to deter spiders

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 23:31, rabski said:

That's an odd one. The problem I have is that BAP sell almost exclusively 'proper' stuff. So much so, that I'm trying to work out in my head whether there would be an effect on a transformer from stuffing a lump of steel or something right on top of it. I suspect there would be, in terms of altering the field, but I can't see how it would be beneficial.

Looking it up, I found this:

In the late 1970s an engineer working for a Matsushita electronics company in Japan was changing the transformer on a prototype amplifier, by chance he placed the old transformer on top of the case and he noticed a discernable change in the sound quality. This was a repeatable effect and readings taken from the tails leading out of the now passive transformer showed that the effect was to a degree measurable. So here we have an effect that is DISERNABLE, MEASUREABLE and REPEATABLE. A paper was written on the subject, which was published and discussed at, amongst other places, meetings of the AES, hardly a forum for purveyors of foo.

Further tests were done, including some I took part in in ’78 and it appeared that the permeable core of the transformer was responsible, literally sucking up spurious fields and allowing more dynamic and phase coherent signals to get to the speakers. I should point out that this was using the devices on he mains transformers of power amps. This was not new even then, it was a rediscovery of what was common knowledge to HiFi fans in the 50s, that a block of iron near the transformer would improve the coupling of the primary and secondary and hence the dynamics. The first commercial version was I believe, the DB-5 “Magic Brick” from VPI and then the UK’s HiFi News Accessories club brought out the Flux Dumper. Both these products have been positively reviewed by non foo friendly reviewers.

I have countless odd and large transformers knocking about, I might try sticking one on top of things. Or not :cool:

Try it..let them scoff..Nothing tried - Nothing gained! 

This whole thread is going to cost me a fortune.  I don’t have pebbles in a plastic bag, silver stickies for my CD’s, plug in non active tuning stuff and that’s before we get to cable hangers and and. ...........my credit card limit doesn’t come close to the money I need. Help!

7 minutes ago, Minicoupeman said:

This whole thread is going to cost me a fortune.  I don’t have pebbles in a plastic bag, silver stickies for my CD’s, plug in non active tuning stuff and that’s before we get to cable hangers and and. ...........my credit card limit doesn’t come close to the money I need. Help!

I can help.. Ear syringe! Cheap as chips and may be a welcome improvement!  

The entire foo business is based upon the philosophy of "Never give a Sucker an even break".

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 10/10/2019 at 23:31, rabski said:

That's an odd one. The problem I have is that BAP sell almost exclusively 'proper' stuff. So much so, that I'm trying to work out in my head whether there would be an effect on a transformer from stuffing a lump of steel or something right on top of it. I suspect there would be, in terms of altering the field, but I can't see how it would be beneficial.

Looking it up, I found this:

In the late 1970s an engineer working for a Matsushita electronics company in Japan was changing the transformer on a prototype amplifier, by chance he placed the old transformer on top of the case and he noticed a discernable change in the sound quality. This was a repeatable effect and readings taken from the tails leading out of the now passive transformer showed that the effect was to a degree measurable. So here we have an effect that is DISERNABLE, MEASUREABLE and REPEATABLE. A paper was written on the subject, which was published and discussed at, amongst other places, meetings of the AES, hardly a forum for purveyors of foo.

Dont remember that meeting and I've been a member for 50yrs

AES

Amateur Entomological Society..

Basically another group of nerds lol...

Kindest regards Julian 

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:30, orbscure said:

When are they  going to cryogenically treated, only then will one know what they really are capable of.:geek:

Super Wammer

Bagged up and been sat in the freezer for a week... got all the bases covered ;) 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Bagged up and been sat in the freezer for a week... got all the bases covered ;) 

Admit it - you just did that so you could use them to cool down your g&t :D

Super Wammer

I wish Tony... been off the naughty pop for over two years now so I'll have to keep the coke cool instead :) 

• Upvote 2

On 10/10/2019 at 21:49, Tony_J said:

Cat8 Ethernet cables...:whistle:

Cat8 and Cat7 definitely better than Cat5.  I had a wonderfully wired up room with cat5 hidden under floorboards. I really did not want cat7/8 to make a difference.  It was an electronic engineer friend who suggested it, apparently it has better shielding from RF.