FS: LP12 with Armageddon £1250

MarkLith

UPDATED 27 Oct - to offer for sale at £1500 £1250

I'm retiring and going travelling whilst I'm still young enough (55) to enjoy it so I'm selling my complete stack rather than put it in storage for 5-10 years :cs:

I can pretty much find the going price for the usual stuff like the Supernait, CD3.5, Flatcap, Stageline N, DTC etc but struggling to identify a fair price for the LP12 & Armageddon, the answer seems to be "how long is a piece of string?"

It's a tidy deck fitted with a Cirkus bearing & sub-chassis, Rega RB301 arm and low hours Dynavector DV-10X5 cartridge.  The only faults I can see are some micro abrasions on the lid, a small blemish to the front RH corner of the deck and the olive light doesn't come on the PSU.

Coincidentally, it's exactly 8 years ago today that Cymbiosis serviced it and fitted the Cirkus bits.

Any advice on how to price or input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

LP12-CymInvoice.thumb.jpg.57ad9491a9596071c98fff69eeadb6e4.jpg

LP12_3.thumb.jpg.c0d3b06ce329fa8df654f3a5a37c2b8a.jpg

LP12_5.thumb.jpg.fbeef509bdd7f704b14b6a657df989f1.jpg

LP12_7.thumb.jpg.7a96725e98f628ee02dd499284828fa3.jpg

LP12_4.thumb.jpg.163f4025935fab735b7d5721ba3de10b.jpg

LP12_2.thumb.jpg.dc1ed2b80b05755bfba805d166adda00.jpg

LP12_6.thumb.jpg.8a05160c737cea5df1faa61b701f3061.jpg

LP12_9.thumb.jpg.308407bd62fac4a200a4aa2933dfcbc8.jpg

LP12_8.thumb.jpg.89c2a134c775f7cb3c021180b0a3e835.jpg

LP12_10.thumb.jpg.12475d55b8a0ce83cfb0f726a3735006.jpg

LP12_11.thumb.jpg.8fc8b925e1f4b7963e69c8fd3d797ea3.jpg

LP12_1.thumb.jpg.a91ecb721273f014ba11e03db6c4f02b.jpg

Edited by MarkLith

Bump - all my other stuff is gradually selling but I still have no real idea on what price to put on this. 

I'm a bit loathed to surrender it to the vagaries of a 7-day eBay auction.

Any input or advice gratefully received

Cheers

Mark

Might it be worth contacting Cymbiosis and seeing what they reckon? I'm assuming you know that they've moved - all their contact details are on the website. 

I've found them to be pretty much o the money with selling prices.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I think a lot of folk feel they can get more by selling the bits individually.  Deck, Arm, Power Supply, Cart, etc. 

I think a lot of folk feel they can get more by selling the bits individually.  Deck, Arm, Power Supply, Cart, etc. 

What he said. 

Morning Mark 

Like selling anything second hand which has had improvement work done on it it is always difficult to recover the cost of the work.

There is always a ceiling price on what consumers are willing to pay.

Even in mint condition unless extremely rare .most people who buy second hand want a bargain .

In my own experience In selling hifi stuff over the years you are lucky if you get 60%.

But that's the nature of the market place. But in the same market place i have brought items i could never afford new. A few years later picking up items in 100 % condition at a quarter of their original price .

I'm in a similar situation with a pair of PMC OB1.

I did buy them at a fair price second hand for sure in lovely condition . But  2 years down the line one of the base drivers developed a fault so took  them to PMC myself for repair.

That cost me just short of £600 as their new drivers did not fit the carcass so had to have both speakers re -engineered as there was not point having the one done

Personally I think they sound better but in reselling terms I would never recover the cost of the upgrade. They usually sell for under a grand.

Sometimes you just have to accept that items are not worth in cash terms  what we think they are.

I'm moving house soon and will be taking my beloved Cabasse Kara's for my main system.

The PMC's  won't be going so I will just have to take the hit I'm afraid.

I often look over the ads on this forum and sometimes agonise for the sellers who are very often wanting to sell much prized exceptional equipment to no avail and having to resort to the vagaries of ebay..

Sometimes I just think wth. Nobody wants them and whatever I get I will give it to charity and in that way feel better about them having to go..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 4

My estimate is £1500 all in. Having the box for the deck is a real bonus. A new one from Linn will set you back £90!

i do however think that if you took the arm off and sold the cartridge and arm separate. The whole total could exceed my first estimate.

One thing for sure, keep the deck sold with the Naim PSU as it’s ready to go with an arm of the new owners choice. If you still have a Linn arm board.. put that in the deal too.

• Like 1

The other problem with selling on a forum such as this , most wammers already have lovely treasured kit, and unless they are upgrading or wanting something a little different are not really in the market to buy..

I've seen a few lovely turntables on here for sale at really nice prices such as this LP12 but I have one so I'm the wrong market..

Try getting one from a hifi shop with all the extras for under £2000 ..though.

Kindest regards Julian

• Like 1

Thanks all - I really appreciate the effort you put into your replies.  

I'm realistic that I won't ever get the servicing/upgrade costs back, and I knew that when I paid for it.

Having had a good look around, and your input then £1500 seems reasonable for a mid-range price.

Thanks again

Mark

• Like 1

OK, now offered for sale at £1500

Thanks for your help again.

Cheers

Mark

...and reduced to £1250 to entice a sale & collection before I move on Thursday 31 Oct

Interested. Will pm you. 

This is a good buy.

Mark, 

Few messages sent. Please let me know your thought. 

Cheers

Vichai