Glastonbury All Time Low

Bignose5

1 hour ago, Bignose5 said:

Diana Ross Headlining.

What a waste of time and money.

Shes 75 years old and hasn't held a tune for years.

She was rubbish at the Super Bowl years ago.

Wonder if she will have a bigger bit of foam on her face mic than Janet Jackson last year?

You say that, however my best friend recently blew a channel on her denon amp (again), to... you guessed it Diana Ross. She would lose her sh*t to a live gig. Lol!!!

You say that, however my best friend recently blew a channel on her denon amp (again), to... you guessed it Diana Ross. She would lose her sh*t to a live gig. Lol!!!

Most people blow speaker units before amp channels.

My teenage kids at the time cost me a fortune in new speakers for there bedrooms When Underworld released Born Slippy.

:x

Sorry IMO DR is not a headline act.

Yes she's a bit of a female music legend but if she came round my house.

I Would say Diana NO!

You might have been big in the sixties as part of a girl band but your a old women now and can't sing to save your life.

Do you know on mother Kellies doorstep /Dubstep doorstep version ?

• Like 1

Sadly I must agree , A TV show some years ago " A Audiance with Diana Ross "  was dire , She tried to sing her best but sadly the vocals have gone , I felt sorry for her and could not understnd people saying " you still have the voice of a angel " ????? must be out of politeness 

Retire gracefully Diana 

Edited by Audio Al

• 2 weeks later...

How many black folk get to do that!

(might I add for those of a sensitive nature that I am having a dig at American Culture - not being racist...)

Edited by Tune

How many black folk get to do that!

(might I add for those of a sensitive nature that I am having a dig at American Culture - not being racist...)

In the last 5 years the following artists of colour have performed at this icon of US culture:

(Big Boi)

Travis Scott

Beyonce X2

Missy Elliot

Destiny Child

Cee Lo Green

In the last 5 years the following artists of colour have performed at this icon of US culture:

(Big Boi)

Travis Scott

Beyonce X2

Missy Elliot

Destiny Child

Cee Lo Green

Yes but apart from the above, and....

CFF8FFC4-A9BA-45C7-B9A7-D45D9249F52C.gif

The festival began in 1970.

Add up the percentages of black versus white artists and you will see that the comment is fairly well justified "how many black folk get to do that" - given the popularity of black music since the early fifties in the UK.

Reading the Wiki page it seems forty two white acts have headlined and five black ones. Is that wrong? That's just this century.

Edited by Tune

Give Diana a chance some of the legend acts have gone down very well .

She's not headlining, it's the legends spot (Kylie this year I think?), and they've sold out in a couple of hours as usual without any lineup announcement. Since then there's only 7 acts confirmed so far so pretty hard to judge based on that.

Edited by J Macquarrie

Reading the Wiki page it seems forty two white acts have headlined and five black ones. Is that wrong? That's just this century.

I can only go on the last 5 years and recognise there have been changes and welcome them or are we always going to get mired in previous history as the UK and the US do not have the best of histories. There are many other areas of racism that need resolving.

• 2 weeks later...

Diana Ross was only really popular because she slept with the boss . Hers was by no means the best voice in the supremes . As a name and an icon I can see her being in similar mould to Neil Diamond of the legends. Glastonbury has to have a broad scope of artists to appeal to many different ages and tastes . All time low , hardly would I ever buy a ticket , no . If someone gave me a ticket would I go , no . But thats just me no doubt it has sold out in hours as normal . Rumours I heard was Paul McCartney was headlining now that may well be an all time low.