Coventry bakeoff - Sunday 1st December 2019

On 29/10/2019 at 15:30, ian917 said:

Room for 10 or so for a chilled day of tunes, conversation and a bit of kit swapping between 11am and 7pm. I’ll provide tea, coffee and fruit juice plus pizza mid-afternoon.

I'm CD/streaming only, so if you want to play vinyl, you'll need to bring a turntable and phono stage. [Update: There will be vinyl replay]

Attendees:
Jessica_k (Jessica)
Alex 54 (Alex)
Hap Hazzard (Des)
Jamster (Chris)
Edd9000 (Edd)
dohraeme (Cameron)
SCIDB (Dean)
Black_Flag (Jayce - PFM)
Cable Monkey (Henry)

Additional Kit:
VP12 + custom-build phono stage
Hypex NC400 monoblock amplifier
Dali Mento Menuet speakers

I am down that way sunday  any chance..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done. Do you want to see if Colin wants to come too? You're most welcome. You could bring your speakers along to hear what they can really do! You'd be most welcome. You don't hav

You're most welcome Henry. 

Thanks Ian, for the usual excellent service. I think your system has matured nicely Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

I am down that way sunday  any chance..

Kindest regards Julian 

I'll send you the details.

Ian room for me and Glen? 

1 hour ago, mayebaza said:

Ian room for me and Glen? 

Only if you bring a massive ginger cake. :P

• Like 1

Will do

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind hearing a Technics 1200/1210 ( disco deck) or SL1600 , 1700 , 1800 mark 2 models if anyone could bring one along , if that is ok with Ian of course.

Chalk and cheese with the Linn being there, but I'd just like to here one again as I might be changing my turntable direction.

It would be much appreciated. :D

Edited by Hap Hazzard

Thanks to everyone who came to my bakeoff today, especially Jessica for bringing her superb VP12 and custom phono stage so that we could play vinyl as well as CD. Very eclectic range of tunes today from pipe organ to Lena Lovich via various flavours of jazz and prog, ending with a nice bit of Neil Young. 

Thanks Ian, for the usual excellent service. I think your system has matured nicely a5209164709e516ad18fe9f5f986abfc.jpgdbf10ac2e43b04ce31e03cec0702a148.jpgd0fc1b316ae777e3c2067c8d6a4f398f.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great bake off..many thanks to Ian for hosting the event..met and chatted to new friends.

Fabulous VP linn set up courtesy of Jessica...

Bit of apartheid going on in the photo lol...

Kindest regards Julian 

20191201_170436.jpg

• Haha 1

We will try to be more sociable next time! 
Great day as always Ian, thank you for your hospitality made obvious by the fact we were mostly all still there after the official end of the bake-off! Loved the speakers and Jessica’s turntable. After a couple of years in the digital wilderness it was interesting to be reminded how a great turntable and well kept vinyl can engage us all. And I now have some Jack Jones to listen to!😂

Yeah the Jack Jones vinyl was really good on the VP12 package with a great arm and cart combination.....

Want one...

Kindest regards Julian 

Thanks for a great day and great hospitality, always enjoy listening to others kit and exposure to new music!

Something wrong with the last picture of all the wammers together. Dean isn't eating.

You OK pal?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1