Petersfield BO & Vinyl Raid , Nov 30, GU32

15 hours ago, Lurch said:

@Brigadoon I know you put the postcode on page 1 but I think a house number might also prove useful.

14 hours ago, wizmax said:

Especially as the postcode on page 1 is for Petersfield  Railway Station not Barry's house

Sigh....

On 10/11/2019 at 10:34, Brigadoon said:

I will provide address and tel no via PM closer to the time.

Ther's always one....

...or two..... :D

Edited by Brigadoon
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks  Chris, really glad you could make it. That's me - mucho music for minimal bucks. One would almost think I'm a Scotsman...

A great day spent with our hosts Barry and Michelle (it was very nice to meet and chat with you Michelle) plus meeting up with friends to listen and talk about music and systems. Real shame that the t

Posted Images

Okay, quick recap:

Kit coming:

• Modwright Integrated Vida Phono Stage
  • Consonance Cyber 10 valve amp
  • Luhdal A2D Valve Phono Puritan Mains conditioner
  • Lector CDP-7TL

Health and insufficient time to organise properly means the loft thingy isn't happening  - but is a definite for the next B/O.....;)

Food will be a Brigadoon Casserole Special - my take on Coq a Vin, or something completely unrelated, depends on what (or who) grabs me in the meat aisle...nothing spicey, no melted cheese (dagnabbit - was looking forward to a Chilli Raclette...)9_99_9

We have all but two interested in the vinyl shops, so rather than planning a  military-style operation which in any case goes wrong, let's organise runs into town once everyone's here.

Now, two key questions:

1. Earl Grey or English Breakfast?

2. Rich tea or digestives?

English Breakfast

Digestives

• Like 1

English Breakfast tea and CHOCOLATE Digestives please! :D

7 hours ago, Snoopdog said:

English Breakfast tea and CHOCOLATE HOBNOBS please! :D

FIXT :D

• Haha 3
On 27/11/2019 at 09:59, wizmax said:

English Breakfast

Digestives

+1 I'll supply the digestives, you're doing more than enough with sex in a lorry (sorry, coq au vin, close....) :D Plain, dark and milk chocolate variants will be delivered :^

• Haha 1

Barry, I have sent you a PM re. Saturday but just in case its not got through just letting you know I may only be able to make it for a short time (if at all) on Saturdy. Hopefully will be able to pop along.

kind regards

Chris

@Chrisp,  @wizmax

No worries guys, life happens ;) - hope to see you Chris.

Edited by Brigadoon

Thanks for a great day Barry. Good food, good company and brill tunes, what more could you ask for. 

Never heard Harbies before and they were lovely on the end of your amp, and even more so when Ians Modwright entered the fray. 

Shame your stylus started playing up as that tt was sounding great, and of course Jessica's homebrew phono continues to excel, taking your tweaked tt to another level. 

Looking forward to your next one. 

• Like 2

Thank you Barry and Michelle, for your warm hospitality and a great day of music, great food and of course, the good company!

A very relaxed, smaller gathering, with the opportunity to sample different speakers, Ian's (Baggawire) Modwright integrated amp, Jessica's excellent phono stage and new music!

Despite the glum looking bunch captured on camera, I can assure you, that we were all smiling inside! :D

49147962968_484faf15ea_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_18ce by Stephen Coward, on Flickr

• Like 1

Left to right (in the photo above) John (Lurch), Barry (Brigadoon), our host, Ian (Baggawire), Jessica, Chrisph, Steve (Snoopdog) and Jules_S.

Pictured here, are Barry's Harbeths, being driven by John's Lector CD player and Ian's Modwright integrated amp - a very satisfying combination!

49148665962_8083c78325_k.jpgfullsizeoutput_18d6 by Stephen Coward, on Flickr

• Like 1

Massive thanks from me to you you both, Barry & Michelle for a really lovely day. It was thoroughly enjoyable, lunch was excellent and I really enjoyed hearing your pair of Harbeths really demonstrating why their popularity is so high - they sounded excellent indeed. Also heard a few more albums to add to my collection :) :^

Jules

• Like 2

A great day spent with our hosts Barry and Michelle (it was very nice to meet and chat with you Michelle) plus meeting up with friends to listen and talk about music and systems. Real shame that the turntable let us down but nothing a realignment cannot fix. So it was left to digital to provide the music and provide it did.

I am looking  forward to another bake off in Petersfield in the future.

Until the next bake off of the southern WAM group I wish everyone a merry Christmas and new year (I believe I can say that now as it is December lol) and see you all again next year 💋

Jessica xx

• Like 3

Huge thanks to Ian, Jules, Jessica, John, Steve and Chris for a great afternoon. Thanks one and all for the kit, music, craic and of course, biccies! It was so good to meet/see you all (again).

I really enjoyed hearing what each bit of kit brought to the party :D and the Harbies are, quite literally, tired and shagged out after a long squawk! 

I too am really disappointed about my TT misbehaving - it has been as good as gold until now (I should have set up the Systemdek / Linn combo as a back-up like I'd planned) :doh: I would have loved to spend more time with Jessica's phono stage - we had just enough to whet the appetite. 

Roll on the next :D

image.thumb.png.0c48d8af8113cb8edf48fba5bfeecca7.png

image.thumb.png.0a820294a672fa74a106dab475446ec1.png

image.thumb.png.cb24071783cfca0cf344ae3d82090a22.png

• Like 2