Petersfield BO & Vinyl Raid , Nov 30, GU32

Just to add my thanks to Barry and Michelle for their hospitality and the delicious lunch. 

My first time listen to a pair of Harbeths and they didn't disappoint particularly hooked up to my Modwright and John's Lector.

There was a tantalising hint of what the TT was capable of when hooked up to Jessica's phono stage but that will have to wait until next time.

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks  Chris, really glad you could make it. That's me - mucho music for minimal bucks. One would almost think I'm a Scotsman...

A great day spent with our hosts Barry and Michelle (it was very nice to meet and chat with you Michelle) plus meeting up with friends to listen and talk about music and systems. Real shame that the t

Posted Images

And many thanks too from me to Barry and Michele for hosting this bake off.   The combination of lovely food, chocolate biscuits and music was excellent.  Good to meet up with both new and familiar wammers.

Although only able to attend for a couple of hours I enjoyed my time listening to some of the available gear including the Harbeths and some small Wharfdales(?).

Barry's iPhone with prepared playlist was used as an impressive source for his JVC AX4 integrated amp.  Barry has modified the amp by moving the power supply to an external box which has been a successful mod for his system.  From the short time at the BO it appears that Barry enjoys getting the most out of the lower priced/budget gear and has a good ear and eye for the right kit and knows what to do with it to achieve a good quality sound.

Many thanks again.

Chris

• Like 1
13 hours ago, chrisph said:

And many thanks too from me to Barry and Michele for hosting this bake off.   The combination of lovely food, chocolate biscuits and music was excellent.  Good to meet up with both new and familiar wammers.

Although only able to attend for a couple of hours I enjoyed my time listening to some of the available gear including the Harbeths and some small Wharfdales(?).

Barry's iPhone with prepared playlist was used as an impressive source for his JVC AX4 integrated amp.  Barry has modified the amp by moving the power supply to an external box which has been a successful mod for his system.  From the short time at the BO it appears that Barry enjoys getting the most out of the lower priced/budget gear and has a good ear and eye for the right kit and knows what to do with it to achieve a good quality sound.

Many thanks again.

Chris

Thanks  Chris, really glad you could make it.

That's me - mucho music for minimal bucks. One would almost think I'm a Scotsman...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 hours ago, Baggawire said:

Just to add my thanks to Barry and Michelle for their hospitality and the delicious lunch. 

My first time listen to a pair of Harbeths and they didn't disappoint particularly hooked up to my Modwright and John's Lector.

There was a tantalising hint of what the TT was capable of when hooked up to Jessica's phono stage but that will have to wait until next time.

Thanks Ian, and I hope the trek was worth it.  That combo started really singing when the Moddie got into it's stride. Thanks again for sharing your wee beastie with us.

• Like 1