AntA

Glastonbury All Time High

Paul McCartney To Headline Glastonbury 2020. Pyramid Stage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50460341

And he is even older than Diana Ross at 78

• Like 1

Wow, this'll be great, neither of them has been able to hold a note for many years :) Even though I like Diana she never was a powerful singer.

If it rains he'll have plenty of backing singers for the Frog Chorus .

• Haha 1

I think both of them will sound like the Frog Chorus... Some singers go on too long after their sell-by date and don't know when to hang up their vocal cords.

I think it is very wrong of the organisers to sell tickets for Glastonbury before finalising who is appearing. As it is predominantly a younger audience the acts should reflect that. Personally I would love to see Paul McCartney on stage again, I admit his voice is not what it was but on the last couple of occasions I've seen him he has put on a fantastic show and is on stage for over 2.5 hours. He is simply a legend and music would be far poorer if it were not for him the other Beatles  and George Martin. 

Having said all that it is probably better to retire before you destroy your legacy.

PS I bought Egypt Station his last album and was not expecting much but was really pleasantly suprised, not his best but a nice album to have in my collection. Just bought the Explorer edition on vinyl too.

• Like 1

It's the 50th Anniversary next June  So why not give Sir Paul a chance to party.

He will be a shed load better than DRoss.

Paul can still bang out a tune and give the crowds a good time.

Thats Wat you want in a swamp If it rains.

I might even ask him if I can play next year for free.

Edited by Bignose5
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

The BBC could be had under the trades description act or similar for announcing that Taylor Swift news in their 'entertainment' section.

1 hour ago, Fourlegs said:

The BBC could be had under the trades description act or similar for announcing that Taylor Swift news in their 'entertainment' section.

It would be wrong to say I am a fan, but she is absolutely Mega and millions of people, of different ages, love her work. Isn’t this exactly what Glastonbury needs to balance out the ‘dinosaurs’ a bit? (Nothing wrong with dinosaurs but Glastonbury can’t just cater to middle-aged/elderly, male, boomer’s tastes.)

I remember all the vitriol*  (from middle-aged men), on another hi-fi forum, when Adele headlined Glastonbury a few years ago.

* Beatings with cricket bats were even threatened by one very outspoken ‘critic’ against all young, popular, female singers (who named himself after a bespoke Italian motorcycle with a 180 degree triple engine).

Edited by chebby

Super Wammer

Don't worry, I'm not saying it won't be a huge success and I have now heard most of her work having spent several hours on a long trip in my daughter's car!!

My son rather likes Taylor Swift, not sure it's her music which is the attraction though. Bit like me and Kylie Minogue really. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw Taylor on the telly at some out door festival last year.

She was very professional and looked good but can't say it was outstanding.

Adele is in a different musical and vocal league.

Im really looking forward to her new album early in the new year.