Graham Knight

My Home set up is two Vintage BBC LSU /10 Studio Monitor speakers

No doubt the set up I have been using for the last 45 years will amuse and perhaps intrigue some of the enthusiasts in this Forum.

Click this link for more pictures and details of the original design etc

http://knightsaberdeen.com/bbc1.htm

Keep rockin'   

Graham Knight

bbc lsu 10 fp.jpg

Edited by Graham Knight
  • Like 2

:notworthy::^

OMG , WOW love it , will read all your links , boy you are a Lucky person to own those 

They look absolutely fabulous. Now all you need to do is get the BBC modified version of the Leak amplifer in the PDFs :D

• Like 1

Thanks Rabski for the above - I have changed the second of the links with the descriptions to include the circuit diagram of the original amplifiers that were fitted to these speakers.

I must confess long, long ago I removed three of those amplifiers and binned them.  Now I realise that perhaps this was a mistake .B|

At the BBC they simply fed low level audio to them and the only control on the speakers was a simple volume control and I wanted to be able to control the bass and treble - so I threw them out.

In the past I tried running three of these speakers but I preferred listening to just two and the third got consigned to my garage. Unfortunately one time I was away in Japan there was a storm and the speaker was damaged by a flood of water so the third speaker was also scrapped.

I rescued the crossover unit which had escaped the deluge in its own compartment at the lower right of the cabinet so I still have a spare crossover. :cool:

I recally similarly many years ago giving away a near perfect Leak TL12+ because they were worthless and I didn't have the space or interest at the time. A 'mistake' would be classified under 'massive understatement' I suspect. But then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The changes to the Leak in the BBC design are interesting. Also interesting is the note with all the correct bias details for the amplifier (and component values), so I've stolen that for future reference :D

Shame you are so far from here. I would love to have a listen to them.

• Like 1