OL enabler

Southeast

Anyone bought one or thinking of buying one or do you think it is just tt snake oil?

At £19 it's worth a punt, best value TT upgrade IMHO.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I cannot speak from experience because I've not tried the Enabler, but over the years I've never had a single piece of bad or anything less than honest advice from Mark Baker. At £9 it's worth a punt and easy enough to remove if it doesn't work for you.

There appears to be quite a bit of debate on the topic of decoupling a cartridge from the headshell, but I don't think Mark would've introduced it to the market if he did not believe it to be a worthwhile tweak. From the images it appears to be made from the same material as their platter mat, which does not have a lot of give, so I don't think it will compromise the rigidity of the headshell or arm tube, where I believe torsional rigidity is more important anyway.

I used to have a Cartridge Man isolator with my Music Maker, in some areas I thought it worked well, like removing some bacgkround noise, but in other areas I found it tended to get a bit "jumpy" and "spitty" in heavier passages and sibilance in particular could be problematic, but that was a completely different construction with the "foam" like material in the middle of the sandwich with enough give for you to compress it between your fingers.

My concern about the enabler would be more about whether it could possibly have any discernible effect at all, rather than having an adverse effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I took a punt on the Enabler - I mean at £19 with a money back guarantee, what’s to lose? To say that I am immensely impressed is an understatement. Below is my feedback to OL:

“Just wanted to send a note to say how impressed I was with the improvement that the cartridge enabler brought to my system, it does exactly what it says on the tin. My cartridge and arm are no slouches (Audio Note IO2 and OL Conqueror 3C), yet I noticed an immediate drop in background and surface noise, which of course means more micro detail. More important than detail to me however was the improvement in timing and just an allround easier and more relaxing sound. Notes hang in the air with more space to breathe and decay is better.

A good test for me is Passenger’s album “Whispers”. It is generally well recorded, but his voice is quite forward and has an unnatural “sheen” on this recoding. The Enabler took the edge away and the lyrics now form a cohesive whole with the music in a much more organic fashion.

I called my wife over without telling her what I had done, and within the first 20 seconds she remarked that it sounded much “smoother” (without being slower or losing detail or dynamics whatsoever may I add).

To sum it up, my music now sounds more organic and easier to listen to. “

I hope this helps to satisfy your curiosity..

Chivas

I took a punt on the Enabler - I mean at £19 with a money back guarantee, what’s to lose? To say that I am immensely impressed is an understatement. Below is my feedback to OL:

“Just wanted to send a note to say how impressed I was with the improvement that the cartridge enabler brought to my system, it does exactly what it says on the tin. My cartridge and arm are no slouches (Audio Note IO2 and OL Conqueror 3C), yet I noticed an immediate drop in background and surface noise, which of course means more micro detail. More important than detail to me however was the improvement in timing and just an allround easier and more relaxing sound. Notes hang in the air with more space to breathe and decay is better.

A good test for me is Passenger’s album “Whispers”. It is generally well recorded, but his voice is quite forward and has an unnatural “sheen” on this recoding. The Enabler took the edge away and the lyrics now form a cohesive whole with the music in a much more organic fashion.

I called my wife over without telling her what I had done, and within the first 20 seconds she remarked that it sounded much “smoother” (without being slower or losing detail or dynamics whatsoever may I add).

To sum it up, my music now sounds more organic and easier to listen to. “

I hope this helps to satisfy your curiosity..

Chivas

Welcome to my world

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk