bigrod

Most distinctive male voice..

John Denver

Brian Molko

Ted Hawkins

Jason Isbell

Robert Plant

Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes and Daniel Rossen of Grizzly bear. Also, not a great singer in the trad sense, but great all the same, Howard Devoto from Magazine. Paul Buchanan has already been mentioned, a man that should be heard by everyone. He's cropped up as a guest vocalist on quite a few albums, Peter Gabriel live and Aqualung to name two, and he's instantly recognisable- world weary, soulful and vulnerable all in one package :notworthy:

+1 for David Sylvian. And I'll add Robert Smith - whether you like him or not, I can't think of anyone else who has an even remotely-similar style.

I’ll vote for David Sylvian too. Robert Smiths voice has changed over the years to become that cat with someone standing on its tail we all know and some of us indeed love🙀😽😸

On 08/12/2019 at 22:50, Tony_J said:

Howlin' Wolf

Plus 1

Jack NSM

Tentatively - Steve Miller. Always thought he had a wonderful voice..maybe not as distinctive as one or two others previously mentioned.