Michell

1 hour ago, John (big) said:

pete how do you get the motor height correct do you know if a how to leaflet supplied with the feet ? 

i will check the height of the cup when in the foot , against the small post ,

Edited by gwernaffield

it is some thing i cannot check , due to the odyssey haveing a taller motor pod , due to the extra spider , but also on mine i has 4 spiders  , if there is a difference in height please tell charlie,, a piece of perspex 100mm diameter and the height needed will be supplied, ,i have not got a gyro to try it on , Mr Moons is different due to the acrylic platter being taller than the original , if any one can help i will get it sorted,

pete

Edited by gwernaffield

i think the height difference will be 7 to 8 mm, i have sent an email to get that sorted out , after measuring the pad against the small post ,when insterted into the michell  foot ,

Edited by gwernaffield

1 hour ago, gwernaffield said:

the foot on the gyro screws into the small post , which inturn holds the suspension in place, an vibration ends up in the suspensin .ether o ring . spring or string , it all ends up back into the suspsnsion , on the Full plinth versions they have a perfect sound board tap on that an you may hear it , even on the orbe which is seperated by 3 grub screws , the feet are screwed into the plinth , i wont be pulled into how and why the pads work , they dont use magnets ,

they use the michell  tender foot part as you remove the small stub with the  2 threads , one internal and one external , and simply screw the pads to replace that  , it means you can adjust the foot height , just as intended by michell,

Dear Pete, thanks very much for the explanation. One more question regarding the metal stubs in the plinth that hold suspension posts on the upper side and onto which the feet are screwed from the bottom side - are these stubs made of one piece that passes through the plinth pr are they two separate pieces (bottom and top)? Also, gow are they fixed to the plinth - are they screwed into the plinth or glued in place or something else? This is the only part of my Gyrodec that I haven't tried to take apart.

Gyro SE Pictorial Instructions.pdf the small stub screws into the suspension post ,  as per instructions on this, the top of the pad removes that and you just tighten all off it up ,

I still don't understand if what the guide in its section 1 calls "the threaded studs on the underside of plinth" are actually part of the plinth that cannot be removed and also are they made in one piece that just passes through the plinth or are they two pieces (one on the top and one on the underside of the plinth).

Hi Pete

I've just ordered pads for my orbe and am wondering if they will be as effective with a plinth rather than SE spider,which I still have as it's a conversion from SE, but don't want to convert back for aesthetic and dust reasons

Only time will tell I suppose

I was wondering what to do about the motor also as whilst the belts (I use 2 and have for many years) will still 'fit' so to speak they will be a lot further down the platter 

If this is a concern, do you suggest perspex to raise it or some sort of dense rubber 'foot/feet' as better isolation?

Absolutely love the pylons by the way but have stuck with my Pederson armboard

Huw

Thank you for the info, all nice stuff, much food for thought.

I have a piece of 25mm Delignit that I was considering for a base.  

3 hours ago, huwge said:

Hi Pete

I've just ordered pads for my orbe and am wondering if they will be as effective with a plinth rather than SE spider,which I still have as it's a conversion from SE, but don't want to convert back for aesthetic and dust reasons

Only time will tell I suppose

I was wondering what to do about the motor also as whilst the belts (I use 2 and have for many years) will still 'fit' so to speak they will be a lot further down the platter 

If this is a concern, do you suggest perspex to raise it or some sort of dense rubber 'foot/feet' as better isolation?

Absolutely love the pylons by the way but have stuck with my Pederson armboard

Huw

Hi Huw , as the michell plinths and spiders seem to be all different thicknesses , any thing from 9,, to 14.5mm it would allow the belt to be at different heights, i have talked to charlie this morning , i think he is going to put a 7 to 8mm perspex spacer in them after he did some more measuring ,  with the difference in the michell perspex of upto 5.5 mm ,depending on when the deck was made, with plinths going from 12 -14.5 , the height on your deck would be down to the plinth thickness,  the pads work on my odyssey , Tarzan has the orbe set up , and also Lostwin is using a plinth ,

Thanks Pete

I’ll report back in due course 

On 03/06/2021 at 23:04, Tarzan said:

No skateboard feet, however did have the SDS plates underthe feet, have not put the SDS back......

I have these at the moment, wonder if I should stack them under the motor if they're no longer required under the feet once I've got the 'pads' in situ

l have put my silver SDS plates under my motor unit to level the belt, @huwge you are going to love The Pads.:geek:

• Like 1

one of the small problems is that the acrylic on the decks range for 9 mm to 14mm in thickness so the belt has never lined up with the pully and can be out by 4mm, it would mean you have to lift the base up on the 12 to 14mm , ones , to get the belt to line up , Michell know that the acrylic can be plus or minus 1 to 2 mm,  if you do not allow for adjustment in the design or a small spacer the  wont line up , 

I think both the Michell owners thread and the promising sounding “pads” are suffering here. The general owners’ thread has of late become a sort of advert/promotion for a prototype product still in development, and a potentially exciting aftermarket enhancement is getting lost in a broader conversation.

Can we start a separate thread about “Pete’s Pads” and pick up the conversation over there?

Edited by TheFlash

hi

29 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I think both the Michell owners thread and the promising sounding “pads” are suffering here. The general owners’ thread has of late become a sort of advert/promotion for a prototype product still in development, and a potentially exciting aftermarket enhancement is getting lost in a broader conversation.

Can we start a separate thread about “Pete’s Pads” and pick up the conversation over there?

Hi well i just asked for help the rest is down to the users , if you cannot ask for help on a owners forum what is the forum for ,

• Like 1