Michell

5 minutes ago, popol_vuh said:

We're similar :)

IMG-20210701-103338.jpg

Indeed! You recently got your arm, how do you like it? 

39 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yes, I have the arm for about 4 months now. Previously I've had fully Audio Origami'd RB250, which I've used for awhile with the same cartridge (Benz Micro Wood SL), so the comparison of these two arms should be valid (same cartridge).

AMods6 brings out more details in the music, microdynamics and macrodynamics are significantly better and positioning of sounds within the soundfield makes it much easier to delineate specific sounds (I'm not implying that he arm sounds analytical or forensic - the sound is cohesive, but it's in the opposite side of sounds being a mush. Not saying that AO250 was bad in that regard, but AMods6 is much better with that aspect of the sound). The relations of high/mid/low frequencies did not significantly change, but sound did become texturally richer....especially stuff like bass guitars.

Really great stuff, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yes, I have the arm for about 4 months now. Previously I've had fully Audio Origami'd RB250, which I've used for awhile with the same cartridge (Benz Micro Wood SL), so the comparison of these two arms should be valid (same cartridge).

AMods6 brings out more details in the music, microdynamics and macrodynamics are significantly better and positioning of sounds within the soundfield makes it much easier to delineate specific sounds (I'm not implying that he arm sounds analytical or forensic - the sound is cohesive, but it's in the opposite side of sounds being a mush. Not saying that AO250 was bad in that regard, but AMods6 is much better with that aspect of the sound). The relations of high/mid/low frequencies did not significantly change, but sound did become texturally richer....especially stuff like bass guitars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, popol_vuh said:

Good old wigwam website slow as usual 😂

Yes, you should see tighter bass and the mids are more textured. Don’t be frightened to play with the anti skate, it can make a substantial difference, I’ve settled in the middle and the vertical tracking angle is the suggested 22 degrees ie slightly higher

• Like 2

SME V with Goldring Elite MC

20210701_220833.jpg

A pretty good combination and an underrated cart!!

• Like 2

looking good, the sme v is a wonderful arm , i like the plater

• Like 1

The platter is a very good upgrade (mine is a B grade version so I should imagine the platter from TPA would be just that bit better).

Thanks Pete :)

Hana ML on my Audionote Arm3v2...:rockin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tarzan said:

Hana ML on my Audionote Arm3v2...:rockin:

i beleive the arm is a vey good match with the deck , i did try and buy one before the sme 309 , just could not find one for sale it  shows how good the arm is , never had a Hana ,

• Like 1

at the risk of repeating myself, the AN arm is one I really would like to hear on my deck but it's currently too hard to even think about losing the V, especially now it has been serviced and 'good as new'

• Like 2

Updated version of Pete's Pads - had the pads minus the covers but thanks to Pete, now have the covers and looking smart.

20210706_192541.jpg

20210706_192518.jpg

20210706_192506.jpg

Not had chance to play a record yet so something to look forward too :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, gninnamag said:

Updated version of Pete's Pads - had the pads minus the covers but thanks to Pete, now have the covers and looking smart.

20210706_192541.jpg

20210706_192518.jpg

20210706_192506.jpg

Not had chance to play a record yet so something to look forward too :)

hi

My plinth is black so will look a bit different

What are you using under the motor? looks good

Not sure I could ditch the black orbe platter, is that clear one noticeably better?

Hey!
I wanted to buy myself Michel's turntable and I had doubts. Your forum helped me to decide. I have read all the pages of this topic and want to thank all the participants in the discussion.
The next step is to replace the springs.
Sorry for the bad english, this is not my native language. I live in Ukraine.

• Like 2