Michell

Still loving the TT :)

IMG_20211023_001651.jpg

• Like 3

On 18/10/2021 at 11:01, jazzcat said:

Thanks fellas. I have placed an order for Pete Pads and Pylons and considering I need to lift the motor because of Pads, I was thinking SDS pads were good choice. I will use the acrylic pad instead.

Have you received the Pads and Pylons yet Mr Jazzcat?🙏

1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

Have you received the Pads and Pylons yet Mr Jazzcat?🙏

Not yet, just last week I wired the money to Charles at True Point. At the same time I have sent my SME 309 to SME for some TLC. Hopefully everything will be here in 1-3 weeks and I can evaluate one tweak at the time. Hopefully trip back to Sweden will go smooth. I’m beyond excited to be honest. 😊

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I want to give slight warning to True Point Audio. It has been more than 20 days since I ordered Pylons and Pads. It was supposed to ship last week, than this week but no sign of the stuff and Charles doesn't responds to my emails anymore.

How was your experience with True Point? I'm very disappointed to be honest.

Edited by jazzcat

1 hour ago, jazzcat said:

I want to give slight warning to True Point Audio. It has been more than 20 days since I ordered Pylons and Pads. It was supposed to ship last week, than this week but no sign of the stuff and Charles doesn't responds to my emails anymore.

How was your experience with True Point? I'm very disappointed to be honest.

Charlies has been seriously ill, and there is only his son after that , he is back at work i am told this week, all parts are made to order .i dont work for him but i will tell his son today when i call in , all parts take up to 4 weeks now, and possibly 6 weeks, it is out of there control when  tpa is just a 2 man company and one falls, ill, your parts are done and will be sent out this week end ,

Edited by gwernaffield

7 minutes ago, gwernaffield said:

Charlies has been seriously ill, and there is only his son after that , he is back at work i am told this week, all parts are made to order .i dont work for him but i will tell his son today when i call in , all parts take up to 4 weeks now, and possibly 6 weeks, it is out of there control when  tpa is just a 2 man company and one falls, ill, your parts are done and will be sent out this week end ,

Interesting, I just got a response. Didn't know that he was ill. If they have communicated that delivery is 4-6 weeks or they are facing issues than one would be more understanding and wait with the order. Lack of communication makes one wonder. Thanks for letting me know @gwernaffield

7 hours ago, jazzcat said:

Interesting, I just got a response. Didn't know that he was ill. If they have communicated that delivery is 4-6 weeks or they are facing issues than one would be more understanding and wait with the order. Lack of communication makes one wonder. Thanks for letting me know @gwernaffield

the problem is having the time,John Melling his son is trying to do a dozen things at once , and Charlie the old man was ill, i only found out last week when i called in , i have asked John to put a note on the web due to the bespoke nature of the product , so he can catch up , they will always refund your money ,if needed, just let me know, things happen and wires get crossed, to where Charlie just switched off ,

pete

all sorted out today

Edited by gwernaffield
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 11:02, gwernaffield said:

the problem is having the time,John Melling his son is trying to do a dozen things at once , and Charlie the old man was ill, i only found out last week when i called in , i have asked John to put a note on the web due to the bespoke nature of the product , so he can catch up , they will always refund your money ,if needed, just let me know, things happen and wires get crossed, to where Charlie just switched off ,

pete

all sorted out today

Thanks for all the help Pete. Sorry to hear about Charles. I wrote it in a email to him directly as well. The package is sent and tracking number provided. I saw the info on the website as well.

Help :)

Just moved the SME V to the Technics and now need to mount the Rega RB300 on the Orbe.
Can I find the Rega arm board, can I hell :(
Does anyone have one lying around they don't need ?

6 minutes ago, gninnamag said:

Help :)

Just moved the SME V to the Technics and now need to mount the Rega RB300 on the Orbe.
Can I find the Rega arm board, can I hell :(
Does anyone have one lying around they don't need ?

I think I have one somewhere. Comes with Pedersen armboard. 

Will you try to locate one locally? I’m in Sweden but can ship it to you if you like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jazzcat said:

I think I have one somewhere. Comes with Pedersen armboard. 

Will you try to locate one locally? I’m in Sweden but can ship it to you if you like.

Thanks - will see if I can get one local first :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I.D.S. said:

Hi fella,got a spare Rega armboard here. Can post out this week if you care to get in touch. Ian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be in touch and cheers

2 minutes ago, gninnamag said:

Thanks - will see if I can get one local first :)

Just thought - we have a site in Sweden (Limmared) and that may work (get them to send it ;)