Sign in to follow this  
Nearly bewildered

How many opened bottles of whisky is too much?

I currently have three opened bottles of whisky..one is not good..one is bearable and one is 😋 yummy! Lol..I was wondering is it ok to have a few opened bottles? Or should I just drink one bottle..then when that's  finished open another?  when I get a new bottle I do try not to give in to temptation and open it! Even though I have others open! Sometimes it's difficult...

It doesn't deteriorate in the same way that wine does, so not a problem having several open bottles.

On 15/12/2019 at 20:06, Tony_J said:

It doesn't deteriorate in the same way that wine does, so not a problem having several open bottles.

Yay! This means I can open another one! So how long do you think whisky would last opened?  A couple of years? 

10 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Yay! This means I can open another one! So how long do you think whisky would last opened?  A couple of years? 

Dunno...mine never lasts that long...:whistle:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, brystonian said:

Save the rougher ones for when you're already quite refreshed.

I mix the rougher ones together and give the bottle to my dad! I'm kind like that..

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2019 at 16:01, kiorio said:

If I have an open bottle, I do not open a new one until it runs out.

I think this a good idea..I feel bit bad opening one then opening another as it might taste better! Bit like kids opening one Xmas 🎁 present. Then immediately opening another one! 

They will eventually oxidise.  Once they are down to about half way you can pour them into a smaller bottle.  Also the YouTuber called something like Ralphy says there is a product that is basically a can of compressed carbon dioxide.  You squirt a little into the bottle and it will settle at the bottom.