High 5

John Darko reflects on the last 10 years in the audiophile world.

2 hours ago, tuga said:

Who is Darko? Who cares... :cafe:

He is a hifi blogger and vlogger.  He is very good: an excellent communicator which is important, and he usually is interesting and thought-provoking. 

• Like 5

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, PhotoMax said:

A useless forum post that brings nothing to the table...

Who is tuga? Who cares...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, rdale said:

Who is tuga? Who cares...

An excellent cure for Insomnia. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer

He makes a point about behaviours on Internet forums 

• Like 4

I think Darko picks up on some good points, particularly the changes in music formats and the rise of the extreme high end. 

Surprised that active speakers and developments in class D and other more compact and efficient amplification didn’t get a mention, although this could well be even more influential in the next 10 years.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, lostwin said:

I think Darko picks up on some good points, particularly the changes in music formats and the rise of the extreme high end. 

Surprised that active speakers and developments in class D and other more compact and efficient amplification didn’t get a mention, although this could well be even more influential in the next 10 years.

He does review a lot of active speakers and calls them ‘future fi’. I don’t think he is the kind of guy that would care if an amp is class D or not. I like his goal of attracting more people to listen to high quality audio systems. He is right about HiFi forums and boring point scoring arguments that put newcomers off, although I think this forum is better than some.

• Like 2

Super Wammer

In ten years I predict we will still be enjoying the sound from a disc of carbon hydrogen and chlorine..amplified by a box of iron copper and glass..through round vibrating cones in a wooden box...

No change there then...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High 5 said:

As we approach the end of the decade, John Darko reflects on developments and trends in the audiophile world over the last 10 years......

He is gloss but no substance - will appeal to neophytes I suppose.  No understanding of music. 

• Upvote 1

Do you need an understanding of music to enjoy hifi? 

The man is doing a great job breathing life into a crusty old pensioner hobby. We should be happy he's introducing new people. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, lostwin said:

....Surprised that active speakers and developments in class D and other more compact and efficient amplification didn’t get a mention, although this could well be even more influential in the next 10 years.

He does mention active speakers and then goes on to talk about the growth in the availability of all-in-one solutions, both of which are likely to become dominant in domestic HiFi sales in the coming years.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Andrei said:

He is gloss but no substance - will appeal to neophytes I suppose.  No understanding of music. 

Because he doesn’t listen to Dark Side of the Moon for the fiftieth year running?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, PhotoMax said:

A useless forum post that brings nothing to the table...

And Darko brings something to the table?

It's not without a touch of irony that people who regularly watch vloggers are called followers...