Daisy

4/5 Season sleeping bag

Also just missed out on good snugpak sleeping bag so after a good 4/5 season bag to try abit of winter camping.

thanks

simon

4/5 season whereabouts? Scottish winter in the Cairngorms is very different to, say, Dartmoor. 

Best advice I've been given about winter camping was to stick a closed cell foam mat (really cheap) under my air mat to give an extra layer of insulation. Made a big difference (much bigger than I'd expected).

Cheers for the reply, it will be quite tame whatever I do , snowdonia way probably on a campsite.

already use a mat , yes makes a world of difference even in the autumn.

If you just want to try, and don't mind a bit of bulk, you could do worse than an ex Army Artic sleeping bag. Not the lightest by any means but a 95 pattern should only set up back 40 quid. 

Otherwise they ain't cheap, my current Rab would set you back nearly a grand. 

If you just want to try, and don't mind a bit of bulk, you could do worse than an ex Army Artic sleeping bag. Not the lightest by any means but a 95 pattern should only set up back 40 quid. 
Otherwise they ain't cheap, my current Rab would set you back nearly a grand. 
^this..

If you are on a campsite I assume it wouldbe at lower altitudes? Bear in mond also that you may increase your warmth by wearing clothes too. I recently bought a Nemo Tensor insulated mat and it is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk