Sgt Pepper

How to stream and record to Cassette tape

Not sure if this is possible, but how can I stream from say Tidal through my iPhone to Chromacast Audio which is connected to my amp and record on to cassette tape?O.o

Does your amp have a tape loop? If so use record out.

If not, probably not...

Could you use earphones socket on your Iphone  to your cassette deck record in? Even though you're casting they should probably work?

Edited by ff1d1l
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ff1d1l said:

Does your amp have a tape loop? If so use record out.

If not, probably not...

Could you use earphones socket on your Iphone  to your cassette deck record in? Even though you're casting they should probably work?

Marantz PM6003 amp.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/650913/Marantz-Pm6003.html?page=12#manual

Edited by Sgt Pepper

The CD recorder and Minidisc are to all intents and purposes tape facilities. Assuming your chromecast is pugged in to the input they have as input of DVD videodisc player etc (aux?), you should be able to connect playback and record of your cassette deck to the CD recorder or minidisc in/outs.

Or, come to that, a reel to reel.

Edited by ff1d1l
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
23 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Not sure if this is possible, but how can I stream from say Tidal through my iPhone to Chromacast Audio which is connected to my amp and record on to cassette tape?O.o

Do you have phono (RCA) left and right out sockets on the Chromecast which you can connect to Phono left and right in on your cassette deck using RCA interconnects? 

• Like 1

I resisted asking earlier but I can't now, and I bet I'm not the only one wondering!

Yes it's possible to record streamed music to an audio cassette but this rather begs the question of why would you want to? Surely there must be a better solution to whatever the real driver here is?

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

I resisted asking earlier but I can't now, and I bet I'm not the only one wondering!

Yes it's possible to record streamed music to an audio cassette but this rather begs the question of why would you want to? Surely there must be a better solution to whatever the real driver here is?

Some people are still nostalgic ... maybe still enjoy using a Walkman? 😬

On 27/12/2019 at 05:37, Sgt Pepper said:

Look at the far right RCA jacks on the back. See the ones that says Recorder 1 and Recorder 2. 😬

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MartinC said:

I do with my Nak tape deck recording off Youtube from my laptop- cheaper than buying the stuff.........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MartinC said:

Don’t the Tidal terms and conditions forbid copying content by any means? 

I suppose someone might want to take the free trial and merrily record content for their free use later. Commonly known as theft. For those who need offline access then that is possible using Tidal, although one, naturally, has to remain a subscriber. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Camverton said:

Don’t the Tidal terms and conditions forbid copying content by any means? 

I suppose someone might want to take the free trial and merrily record content for their free use later. Commonly known as theft. For those who need offline access then that is possible using Tidal, although one, naturally, has to remain a subscriber. 

Hmm theft you say. I say if I paid to download music I should be able to back it up any way I choose?

32 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Hmm theft you say. I say if I paid to download music I should be able to back it up any way I choose?

Well legally what you can do is bound by the terms and conditions you agreed to, which very likely will have restrictions in this regard.

My question had nothing to do with legality though BTW, rather why on earth you'd want to be using tape :).

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Well legally what you can do is bound by the terms and conditions you agreed to, which very likely will have restrictions in this regard.

My question had nothing to do with legality though BTW, rather why on earth you'd want to be using tape :).

It's a nostalgic tactile kind of thing and cassette can sound rather nice. :rockin:

PS

Not a pic of the one I am receiving but this is the model, serviced and calibrated.

UYBMpLP.jpg

Edited by Sgt Pepper
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tIANcI said:

Some people are still nostalgic ... maybe still enjoy using a Walkman? 😬

Have you listened to a cassette through a nice system......I have and very good it is too. I remember similar quotes about people using vinyl again not so long ago, oh how very wrong they were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Have you listened to a cassette through a nice system......I have and very good it is too. I remember similar quotes about people using vinyl again not so long ago, oh how very wrong they were.

I been told open reel is very very nice ...

• Like 1