Exakt speaker wake up delayed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As my Klimax Hub is eventually back in place, I have spend a bit of time taking care of the cables, that are very visible due to the Time Table design. I invested little money into white cable tubes t

I just got a call from my dealer, the Hub is finally back from the factory. Hey, that was fast. Picked up in January and whoosh its back after only 4 months. And guess what - Linn is asking

Update, connected the ASH, powered it on and the 350s woke up instantaneously, didnt even configure anything in Konfig yet.  So far my assumption holds that it is a HW issue within the DSM t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rduras said:

Could it be PSU problem similar to power up delay with Akurate amps?

I doubt that is the case but of course I don‘t know.

The DSM seems to behave completely normal, the 350 exakt speaker as well - once they came up. All what is missing is that the DSM triggers them to wake up. Which so far eventually worked. It started in 2019 with a delay of a few seconds, than during 2020 it extended to something under a minute, then several minutes until now.

Therefore personally I would bet that the communication between the Klimax DSM and the speakers is the problem. They no longer receive the signal to wake up, triggered by the DSM. Could be a bad solder joint or other HW related issue that got worse over time.

However @Nrwatson stated that both his DSM failed simultaneously and that is somehow contradictory to this, so I don‘t know. 

The only other thought is I know the switches on the 350s are not great and one of mine played up I never touch them now can’t remember if they effect red light 

Update,

connected the ASH, powered it on and the 350s woke up instantaneously, didnt even configure anything in Konfig yet. 

So far my assumption holds that it is a HW issue within the DSM that got worse over time. When my DSM does not work in the dealers system, I think we have sifficient evidence.

Now I‘m going to test how the ASH performs ;-)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Whether it is worth to spend the money for an Klimax DSM is a question everyone has to answer for himself - but it is running circles around the Akurate...

I'm thinking that your main source is DS, and not an LP12. In that case, if funds allow, a Klimax DSM would be the way to go. I've looked at going from Akurate Exakt DSM to Klimax System Hub. The difference is I only listen to vinyl, and wouldn't benefit from the DS feature enough to justify the expense ($13,600). I've been told that the improvement for an LP12 with Urika II would be minimal.  But for someone who using DS as the main source and has the money, why not get the best?

Edited by akamatsu
4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Yes and no, I do mainly listen to the DSM but I wouldn't call the difference for my LP12 minimal.

That's interesting. Knowing my system, would you care to speculate on the improvement I would hear? I assume you also have a Urika II, possibly a Klimax LP12?

Edited by akamatsu

Yes on both accounts.  Simply put - the fun is reduced, it is less engaging, to call it a little bit boring is way too strong but indicates the direction. 

Now I need to be careful as I can't rule out that there is some setting in the ASH that I needed to switch but haven't (even though I double-checked.)

I also use the same SO2 configuration, loaded just fine.

I can't comment on the possible impact on your system, sorry.

BTW: Now I have the infamous 'Waiting for room' message in Kazoo while Lumin happily communicates with the ASH.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

BTW: Now I have the infamous 'Waiting for room' message in Kazoo while Lumin happily communicates with the ASH.

It is very likely that the device has a different name. Click on "Waiting room" at the top.

Do you have a Klimax DSM or Hub?

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Yes on both accounts.  Simply put - the fun is reduced, it is less engaging, to call it a little bit boring is way too strong but indicates the direction. 

Now I need to be careful as I can't rule out that there is some setting in the ASH that I needed to switch but haven't (even though I double-checked.)

I also use the same SO2 configuration, loaded just fine.

I can't comment on the possible impact on your system, sorry.

Well this is good news. A Urika II equipped LP12 would probably be the input that would be least impacted by the change from AEDSM to KSH, and you report a nice improvement in sound quality. I had planned on eventually upgrading my DSM and Radikal to Klimax level. Ideally, I'd like to hear the KSH in my home before purchasing. For a brief moment, I was happy at Akurate level.

I have klimax hub and klimax lp12 and is a step up on the akurate  

great news to hear you are up and running 

Edited by Nrwatson
  • Like 1