Exakt speaker wake up delayed

Baba Yaga

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a call from my dealer, the Hub is finally back from the factory.

Hey, that was fast. Picked up in January and whoosh its back after only 4 months.

And guess what - Linn is asking for the full service charge, despite that the issue started before the end of the warranty period and despite LINN used a batch of faulty ICs in the first place (which impacted a number of devices, three others were in the same shipment and those were just from my dealer!).

It feels like a rip-off…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

It feels like a rip-off…

Honestly, it doesn't just feel that way to me, it's a very real rip-off:grrr:

Take it that you have not given up, yet.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

I just got a call from my dealer, the Hub is finally back from the factory.

Hey, that was fast. Picked up in January and whoosh its back after only 4 months.

And guess what - Linn is asking for the full service charge, despite that the issue started before the end of the warranty period and despite LINN used a batch of faulty ICs in the first place (which impacted a number of devices, three others were in the same shipment and those were just from my dealer!).

It feels like a rip-off…

Sorry to hear about your issues with your Klimax Hub.

‘I hope your Linn dealer can help resolve the service charges for you.

‘Linn has always come through in the past, to provide customer satisfaction.

All the best

We will see, I‘m not going to accept this.

Today I listened briefly  to organiked 350s, driven by the old and new Klimax hub (or rather DSMs used as hubs). Both sounded nice, but in fact I liked the old one better, maybe because of the music played. 
Everything was very analytical with the new one, for lack of better words like an audiophile recording - one that is more focused on effect rather than music. And typically I like an analytical presentation but this was too much. Every instrument emphasized and standing out, a more aggressive presentation. Not my cup of tea… the hub looks even worse in reality but tastes differ as we know. 

As my Klimax Hub is eventually back in place, I have spend a bit of time taking care of the cables, that are very visible due to the Time Table design. I invested little money into white cable tubes to mask the blue Mycord Ethernet cables and fixed the interconnects to keep them away from the power cords.

I‘m happy to have my system back, the Akurat hub loaner could not compete with the Klimax…

A2E6E937-E324-4251-A265-1A6D8D8C4FC5.jpeg

• Like 3

Such great news hope you didn’t have to pay in the end as I believe the problem occurred before the end of warranty 

unfortunately such a lovely day here if it is the same over your side of the pond you probably want to be out and about

enjoy