I will be bringing the ARC Ref 5se.

Ooh nice

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have got home safe, along with your mono’s and pre, Jack, thanks again for the loan. It was a good day as usual at Johns, and like Jack spent most my time in the play room, partly because there

As long as you do so un-buttered/jammed/toasted whilst sat on your patio in a mankini you are forgiven Steve. 

A pic of my home system with Jacks mono’s in place, note the kids table for the tecnodec  Sounding great and all ready for Kegworth  Jessica.xx

Posted Images

We are short of kit...

Any more offerings?

Despite their siting requirements (corners) I can offer my speakers - Jantzen TQWTs (94dbw).

Well we have a couple of PS, a rather nice pre, a tt, my 3020s (much better than they have any right to be) Jessicas prototype Pwr Amp, so not a bad start. 

8 hours ago, Lurch said:

Well we have a couple of PS, a rather nice pre, a tt, my 3020s (much better than they have any right to be) Jessicas prototype Pwr Amp, so not a bad start. 

Jessica has pm'd me to say her power amps are not ready. And Chris's Euphyra is an integrated so the Audio Research cannot connect with it. So we are a power amp short.

We need an amp that will do justice to the Audio Research pre and my speakers. It neednt be powerful as the Jantzens are highly efficient.

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

I could bring my Densen DM30

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I have an IOATAVX Power amp I can bring along as an alternative.  

10 hours ago, mayebaza said:

I could bring my Densen DM30

That's an integrated Barrington. We need just a power amp for Jessica's phono stage and the Audio Research Pre.

That's an integrated Barrington. We need just a power amp for Jessica's phono stage and the Audio Research Pre.
No, it is a power amp the DM10 is its intergrated brother.

b20bcda6cc4b8d3d1fac9b833b081403.jpg

Stand corrected Barrington. Insides look nice..:)

• Upvote 1

Barrington's amp (and Chris PH's) will play a part in a system featuring Jessica's unbalanced phono stage, my turntable, the ARC and the Jantzens - maybe to kick the day off. Ive been in touch with Vernon and we are going to put together a balanced system incorporating 2 of the components already in use (Audio research and my turntable (The Rock)) combined with V's Ayre P-5xe and my blue 300B DIY SET balanced monoblocks (which  have sufficient drive for the Jantzens).

That system could be on  the menu in the p.m.

So 2 'cobbled together' systems to look forward to that shouldn't be too shabby...

Plus any other tasty kit yet to be announced that can be slotted in where it suits..

Personally I'm keen to find out a bit more about my speakers if anyone fancies bringing something along in the £1.5K (or above) retail price band.

Jack NSM.

My production version phono stage has a balanced MC input, it will not have been tested as I do not have a balanced arm/cart. The output remains unbalanced and the conversion is in the SUT. It should be interesting to see if the balanced input is worth having or is just a gimmick

Jessica xx

I am (very) trying to get the power amps built but time is running out fast and productionising of the phono stage has taken a lot longer than I hoped. So see what happen in the next few weeks

Jessica xx

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jessica_k said:

My production version phono stage has a balanced MC input, it will not have been tested as I do not have a balanced arm/cart. The output remains unbalanced and the conversion is in the SUT. It should be interesting to see if the balanced input is worth having or is just a gimmick

Jessica xx

I hadnt planned to bring the balanced deck (the TD124) as the XLR output arrangement likes the Iota but is not comfortable with my other balanced phono stage. The Rock is more versatile as it will do both the unbalanced and balanced systems. Car is going to be full. (But we could try it at mine with the TD at some point Jessica.)

I don't often bring kit but I could bring my powered Spendor BC1s  with balanced inputs and matching stands if anyone is interested.