Just putting this out there as a possible..

It looks like me and lady Di are soon to be cohabiting....late January early February......Her sale is almost complete.. we can do the rest till mine is completed..

Anyway I have absolutely loved this house...enjoyed all 36 yrs...and I dont want to leave it with a whimper.. 

So here's a thought.. a week before finalising I would throw a booze off...sorry bake off..

One Saturday evening /night 

I've only got one bed now  , and I'm not sharing...bring a bag if you wanna drive...

No food, great chinese on the green...

I will supply beer.

Definitely no miserable music..

And this house is sold..don't wreck it....

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 2

Work is problematic at the moment (too effing much of it, so I shouldn't moan), so therefore depends on date. However, if it fits in, I'd love to come and not wreck your place.

Would you want/like people to bring any odd bits of kit for swapping and playing?

Edited by rabski
2 minutes ago, rabski said:

Work is problematic at the moment (too effing much of it, so I shouldn't moan), so therefore depends on date. However, if it fits in, I'd love to come and not wreck your place.

Would you want/like people to bring any odd bits of kit for swapping and playing?

My 2nd system still has the Musica  but. "up for sale" and Gales but no source. So if the amps sells , need power as well..

I Dont want to mess with main system if were drunk to be honest.

Kindest regards Julian 

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

My 2nd system still has the Musica  but. "up for sale" and Gales but no source. So if the amps sells , need power as well..

I Dont want to mess with main system if were drunk to be honest.

Kindest regards Julian 

I would also add..

My late wife was lovingly looked after by Ashgate Croft who I've always supported..moving away it will not be as easy..

Any one who comes can take away lps and CDs....FOC...

The cream of my collection  I am taking, or have sold ..but theres still 600 lps and similar cds..

And other bits and Bob's ..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1

I'll have a poke around the pile to see what integrateds I can get to actually work still and aren't in the 'get round to it' collection :D

The 845 and Well Tempered aren't travel or bakeoff suitable really, but a preamp or two, transport, couple of DACs are all no problem. Depends who else wants to bring what else, if anything.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, graham67 said:

Congratulations Julian ☺ .  Your place is out of my range unfortunately but hope you have a great send-off.  

He will. I don't drink any longer, so unless some other buggers are coming, Julian is going to end up with one hell of a hangover :D

• Haha 1

I can bring laptop/Dac to save drunken queuing if your amps still there,  got an integrated too if your amp sells,  just sort a date :^

• Upvote 1

It’s in my doable things 😀

• Like 1

All very welcome..

Kindest regards Julian 

I should be able to make this too, Julian. Unfortunate not to have made the first!

• Like 1

i'd love to come along, make sure there is no misery! (i'm sure Lee would too...)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Julian

Not sure if your "bake-off send-off" has happened or not? Bit of a trek from Southampton but depending on date I could potentially make this if the date is still TBC. Shan't be drinking either so happy to offer to be a minder for any delicate equipment! Also I'd love to get to hear the Karas properly - always had a soft spot for the aesthetics and got to hear them very briefly at a show some years ago. I'm sure the rest of the system was wrong for them back then and that they have WAY more to offer than what I heard.

I'm happy to bring along a budget TT if you want to have something to hook up in your second system as it will travel OK being non-suspended (ProJect Essential with Goldring 1042 - it's only had about 40 - 50 hours use and kept scrupulously clean). I could potentially bring my Gato integrated too if need be but will need a phono stage as the amp doesn't have one, and I'd rather not move my Tube Tech. Any decent B&Bs nearby?

Jules (yes, another Julian...)