Dennis will be bringing Gales! :nerves:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooo What model ?

Its turning into a bit of an unofficial WAM fest...so in no particular order, it was good to see Spider (& Mrs Spider) Jessica_k, Joolz, Aggers, Monitor Gold Ten and Non Smoking Man (selling his v

While it was a complete wash out for selling (at least for me - net profit minus one pound😅 ) it was certainly a good social event, a great opportunity to chat with Wammers mentioned above by Orbscure

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Snoopdog said:

Dennis will be bringing Gales! :nerves:

I get it this time Steve, you coming along, weather not as bad as last Sunday?

Edited by wizmax

It will be my first visit and hope to see all my friends that come and maybe meet some new ones

Jessica xx

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jessica_k said:

It will be my first visit and hope to see all my friends that come and maybe meet some new ones

Jessica xx

Love the new avatar picture Jess!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, wizmax said:

I get it this time Steve, you coming along, weather not as bad as last Sunday?

Unfortunately not Robin! It clashes with my clay shooting day! 

Once "hurricane season" passes, I'll be in touch about a visit to Hayling Island!

Could be hit by another storm - as we were last year. Not a problem for the punter, but for we dealers its a major headache transporting gear from the car park and it also cuts the footfall.

I'm taking records this time plus some choice kit including a refurbished AR Legend (w/o arm) (£180) and a restored TD150 with arm and new AT mm cart (£280). (Both worked on by Martin Ware, my partner-in-crime.)

Looking forward to seeing a few Wammers...

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

Come out to play guys much more fun than sitting at home.

We are inside a lovely big sports centre and there is tea and cake :D

One of the attractions of the Audiojumble is that a number of Hifi 'faces' come out to play. Robin (Wizmax) will tell you more about that than me (as he's older than me..) but there will be industry 'illuminati' wandering about (talking about the old days, I dare say...).

I am hoping the weather doesn't spoil things, its a great event for anyone with an interest in vintage kit. usually plenty of reasonably priced vinyl too.

I will be sharing one of robins 2 tables, so look forward to catching up with some familiar faces 😊

The only way I am older than Jack is that I have been going to Audiojumble longer than he has but he was born many years before me. 

With regards to the 'faces' Jack mentions, Paul Miller (HiFi News Editor), Steve Harris (former Editor HiFi News), Ken Kessler (HiFi News reviewer), Tim Jarman (HiFi News Vintage equipment reviewer) Martin Pipe (HiFi World reviewer) Paul Messenger (long time freelance speaker reviewer and Editor and Publisher of  HiFiCritic) and Jason Kennedy ( former Editor of HiFi Choice are all regulars at Audiojumble and seem to be very approachable.

I nearly forgot that for the past 7 years I have had the pleasure to have the stall next to our own Beobloke, Adam Smith (former Deputy Editor of HiFi World and current reviewer for HiFI Hews and HiFI Choice)  who by his own admission is a high class purveyor of all types of tat but is mainly a really nice bloke!

• Like 1

Thanks to family stuff, this will be yet another Tonbridge I'm going to miss :(

Hope it goes well for all of you. Hopefully catch up at Kegworth if not before.

8 hours ago, wizmax said:

The only way I am older than Jack is that I have been going to Audiojumble longer than he has but he was born many years before me. 

With regards to the 'faces' Jack mentions, Paul Miller (HiFi News Editor), Steve Harris (former Editor HiFi News), Ken Kessler (HiFi News reviewer), Tim Jarman (HiFi News Vintage equipment reviewer) Martin Pipe (HiFi World reviewer) Paul Messenger (long time freelance speaker reviewer and Editor and Publisher of  HiFiCritic) and Jason Kennedy ( former Editor of HiFi Choice are all regulars at Audiojumble and seem to be very approachable.

I nearly forgot that for the past 7 years I have had the pleasure to have the stall next to our own Beobloke, Adam Smith (former Deputy Editor of HiFi World and current reviewer for HiFI Hews and HiFI Choice)  who by his own admission is a high class purveyor of all types of tat but is mainly a really nice bloke!

Plus, on occasions, Alan Shaw of Harbeth, Andy Whittle of Rogers, Tim de Paravicini of EAR, Terry Bateman of Rega.

37 minutes ago, photowizz said:

Plus, on occasions ...   ... Andy Whittle of Rogers ...

(And Goodmans, Celestion, Mordaunt Short, Audio Note etc.)

If anyone gets a chance to speak to Andy Whittle, please thank him for designing the Audio Note AX-Twos especially :-)

Aw, stop, I’m blushing now.

(Cheque’s in the post...) ;)
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, wizmax said:

It has changed somewhat since I first had a table in 1999.

I recall selling a new sealed box of Rogers LS3/5a for £300. I wondered why there was a queue of punters after them...