Sign in to follow this  
frog_of_toulouse

Best sensibly priced speakers with Naim set?

Matt J wrote:

meninblack wrote:
simont wrote:
82 and that £1400 rega cd plyer. With proac he could go that rega cd player and the sugden 21se. If he has 135'she must have an hicap too so his trade in/ 2nd hand sale would be good.

He could even get speaker cable that bends anda remote if he went sugden

:sick:Sugden remotes are not the brand's best feature. :nup:

Having issues? :D

To be fair, the remote works perfectly. It's just a nasty piece of cheap plastic crap! :x I prefer to lean over and fondle its cool alloy knob... :D

meninblack wrote:

Matt J wrote:
meninblack wrote:
simont wrote:
82 and that £1400 rega cd plyer. With proac he could go that rega cd player and the sugden 21se. If he has 135'she must have an hicap too so his trade in/ 2nd hand sale would be good.

He could even get speaker cable that bends anda remote if he went sugden

:sick:Sugden remotes are not the brand's best feature. :nup:

Having issues? :D

To be fair, the remote works perfectly. It's just a nasty piece of cheap plastic crap! :x I prefer to lean over and fondle its cool alloy knob... :D

Surely you mean it's hot cool alloy knob

Super Wammer

Silly question but I wonder if anyone has asked the last time his friends were serviced?

I wonder if he realises they need servicing every ten years and this may be the cause of his unhappiness?

Polarbear wrote:

Silly question but I wonder if anyone has asked the last time his friends were serviced?

I wonder if he realises they need servicing every ten years and this may be the cause of his unhappiness?

Naim service friends now as well then? :shock:

What, full on blowy like or just a hand shandy?

Super Wammer

Matt J wrote:

Polarbear wrote:

Naim service friends now as well then? :shock::oops:

What, full on blowy like or just a hand shandy?

That will teach me to type when I am eating dinner :whistle:

Fish and chips yummie :P

Tell you what replace friends with Naims :oops:

Polarbear wrote:

Yes. Me....In a roundabout way, 'bout 4 or 5 posts earlier....:)

Those fish n' chips sure have got your attention havent they? :P

Super Wammer

I tell you, I have really lost the plot tonight :doh:

Guest sq225917

It's not the speakers, we all agree on that, it's not the 125's we all agree on that.

It's the pre-amp. and replacing it with the cheapest 72 you can find, and then asking Andrew Popely from Pink Fish very nicely for a set of Neils modified NAim boards, filter cards and gain cards to replace the old ones, will wipe the floor with anything Naim make these days under a 252. and the cards are only £120 for the 2 sets.

So figure £400 for pre and new cards- what you can sell the old cards for...

and if you still think the power supply for the CDX is a worthwhile then you have the money to Naim it, Avondale it, or Teddy reg it.

and if my some ridiculous chance it doesn't float your boat, then you will lose nothing on it as 2nd hand 72's alwasy get their cash and the cards will resell for what they cost on Pink Fish.

In fact if you ask Andrew nicely once he gets the 72, he will lend you a set, he is a true gent of the first order.

If you don't want to go down replacing the electronics route, ala 72 etc then I'd suggest for synergistic purposes & bang for buck a s/h pair of lateNaim SBL's with upgraded bass drivers. It's clear that most wammers don't like Naim per say but believe me these have tremendous bass.

Super Wammer

Oh shitte, this is where the fun starts, nice suggestion mattie :P

Super Wammer

:off:oy you cheeky git,

BTW, is that the latest Tannoy :P