Sign in to follow this  
bencat

6 or 8 solid metal spikes with flat top

Super Wammer

I am about to start a project and have been avoiding getting started using the excuse that I need to have all the elements in place before I start. I am placing two matched speakers on each side similar to stacked Quads . The height is just a little below the ideal ear height for the tweeter so I need to make a platform for both speakers to sit on and raise them a little away from the floor.

As luck would have it Natural Stone 40 x 30 chopping boards offer an ideal solution but I need to attach some feet/spikes to raise the board off the floor and also lift the speakers a little. Does anyone have any large metal spikes or feet spare that they would be prepared to sell ? Not looking to spend too much and can work with either six or eight . Let me know if you have anyhting rattling around in your spares box .

Hi Andrew

How about these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254002393924

There are plenty of variants on ebay for not a lot. You could stick them to the underside of the chopping board with Araldite.

Super Wammer

Thanks Tony

I have seen these and the picture is a little misleading they are in fact very small so not really ideal for what I want. Your suggestion for gluing them to the baords was already my plan hence asking for a flat top and ont ones with a screw in attached .

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Hi Andrew. 

I bought 8 of these (the 32x32) to glue onto the bottom of 2 bamboo chopping boards to make bases for my monoblocks. Just type wooden cones into eBay and sort to cheapest first. 

Screenshot_20200123-155543.png

Super Wammer

Thanks Paul

They look the business ordered a set .

Those are smaller than the ones I posted above - only 20mm tall.

Super Wammer

Doh !!!! Well will have to look for something to pack them up with will see what I need to do when they arrive .

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bencat said:

Thanks Paul

They look the business ordered a set .

They are really nicely made look very professional. Be warned though the spike is very very sharp