Denafrips

TheFlash

I'm going to attempt to sort a home demo of a Dave / m scaler + Aqua formula hdx V2, so if anyone with a terminator plus wanted to bring it round for a three-way shoot out...

11 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

George, I think I have mentioned that if you are comparing the T+ to the Qutest you really ought to make it fair and have the Qutest with a power supply up to value of the difference in cost between the two bare DACs. 😜

Yes, I must admit, I would fully expect the T2 to easily better the Qutest, I even preferred the RME ADI2 when I trialed them both.

Mac

Of course but I did use an SBooster B|

I am trying to place it in the market as some have said the T+ does not perform better than the bare Qutest. Now a Qutest with Sean Jacobs 6 and the M Scalar would be different but then that would need the Gaia to be added to the T+.

And on it goes.

Hopefully hear it against the AN 4.1x and maybe a Dave (naked of course).

1 hour ago, whitehart said:

Yes, I must admit, I would fully expect the T2 to easily better the Qutest, I even preferred the RME ADI2 when I trialed them both.

Mac

With a good power supply the Qutest is less easily beaten. When I compare T+ and the Qutest I will ensure that the Qutest has such a power supply!

• Like 2

I'm thinking of placing an order with Vinshine Audio in Singapore to save a few £££'s over UK suppliers. i think a few people here have used them before ? 

How risky is it ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bigwig07 said:

I'm thinking of placing an order with Vinshine Audio in Singapore to save a few £££'s over UK suppliers. i think a few people here have used them before ? 

How risky is it ?

Me too... what do you mean by risky?

Alvin from Vinshine follows this thread so he may answer any fears you may have.

Mac

5 minutes ago, Bigwig07 said:

How risky is it ?

None for me. Alvin gave an estimate of the time it would take and he was ahead of it by days. The VAT, import duty is prepaid and there was no problem with customs/couriers. A fellow reviewer had a similar smooth transport operation from Singapore. The items are in heavy, double boxes with corner impact protection corners. He has also ordered a Gaia and that arrived intact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Me too... what do you mean by risky?

Alvin from Vinshine follows this thread so he may answer any fears you may have.

Mac

I suppose the risk is -

1. Courier risk - loss or damage in transit (it's a long way) - should be covered by supplier, courier or credit card guarantee I suppose ?

2. Faulty goods being delivered - warranty returns have to go back to Singapore. 

3. Vinshine Audio 'disappearing'/going bankrupt - although I understand they have been established a few years and Alvin at Vinshine appears to be a good guy. Again I suppose the credit card guarantee should work here.

Don't know maybe I worry too much !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigwig07 said:

I suppose the risk is -

1. Courier risk - loss or damage in transit (it's a long way) - should be covered by supplier, courier or credit card guarantee I suppose ?

2. Faulty goods being delivered - warranty returns have to go back to Singapore. 

3. Vinshine Audio 'disappearing'/going bankrupt - although I understand they have been established a few years and Alvin at Vinshine appears to be a good guy. Again I suppose the credit card guarantee should work here.

Don't know maybe I worry too much !

No not at all, they're all valid concerns, point 2 worries me the most.

Mac

Has anyone considered trying a terminator plus with DCS Network Bridge?

Terminator plus can output 44.1K/48K which is what the bridge accepts as a clock input. Could be a pretty stunning combination....

Terminator plus can output 44.1K/48K which is what the bridge accepts as a clock input. Could be a pretty stunning combination....

1 hour ago, Psilonaught said:

Can't help with the Denafrips bit, but I can comment on the network bridge. the Auralic Aries G1 performs better and is much, I mean much, more flexible. dCs has used a commercial streaming board; Auralic has their own. USB out on the dcS? Nope; they couldn't get that to work properly. Seriously, the Auralic is the superior product. Better app as well, unless Roon figures in your system. Much less money to buy as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambs12 said:

Simon, is that the Aries G1 that retails for about 2K? Used to have an original Vega, which I really should have held on to. 

Yes, that's right. Many also do not realise that the streamer board in the Altair and Vega are not the same as Aries. Aries uses the Tesla G2 board. The Aries has two LSPUs plus two different very good clocks; one for USB, other for AES/SPDIF. High quality chassis. The Aries G2 (now 2.1) offers marginally better performance, but it is twice the price. As a streaming transport, the Aries has to be amongst the very best out there. I've had any number and my G1 is head & shoulders above the lot of them.

Edit to add; the dCs NB has been discontinued, if you weren't aware.

Edited by simon g
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Psilonaught said:

Both here. I am finishing my review if the T+ so can give it a go next week.

• Like 1