Denafrips

TheFlash

1 hour ago, George 47 said:

Both here. I am finishing my review if the T+ so can give it a go next week.

B| :^

The soundaware 300ref is possibly even better and with compatible IS2 but suspect control software is horrible.

I'm still on the fence over the terminator plus Vs May KTE Vs Audio GD R7HE MK2 + AfterDark OCXO, all three would be blind purchases :(

11 hours ago, Vinshine Audio said:

272298737_D300.thumb.png.0970489fe4205ae4d8327e1a2ec0faf0.png

Soundaware streamer is great if you use roon.

It's a roon endpoint, well matched with the DENAFRIPS TII/TPlus via I²S connection, as well as OCXO Clock Sync 🎶

I did consider the soundaware over an Auralic G2...but AFAIK the soundaware is a VERY old design? It appears to have last been designed in 2017....

I've had my Terminator about 2 years now. It's superb. It makes every thing it plays sound terrific. Its built like a tank. The build quality is as good as my 90s Classe monoblocks and my Audible Illusions pre. It's probably better built than my Teac VRDS! I'm watching the reviews of the 2 and + with interest. 

Edited by clap
  • Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 17:57, Musicraft said:

Rick, in case you missed it, I sent you a PM yesterday.

Mac

Well I've just bought an Ares ii on ebay. First impressions - it is unlike any other bit of kit I've got. It excels in warmth, tone, presence and i think soundstage. But i have to listen to it more.

The previous owner upgraded to a Pontus ii - and sent me the following views on the upgrade (I hope he doesn't mind me reproducing this for the benefit of others - he may even be on this forum ofc!)

I am - glad you like the DAC, and I wasn’t surprised to find that you did, as it’s a terrific bit of kit. It’s one you can certainly fall in love with, hence why so many speak so glowingly about it, and on the very rare occasion someone tries to diss it, you find they quickly come out strong in it’s defence. Owners of this DAC also invariably are motivated by curiosity to move to the next step, which is what I did. I purchased the Pontus 2 earlier this year from vinshine in Singapore. The difference? The Pontus is more balanced, has more authority, wider soundstage. Hard to fully describe, it is better sounding but not massively. Am I glad I upgraded? Yes. But strangely I do miss the ares 2. Bit like coming of age, but missing the nostalgic days of my youth. I found the ares 2 had life and warmth. The Pontus is more grown up, not lacking warmth, but it’s not as obvious as the ares because other aspects of the Pontus sound balance it up. Hope I’ve described it simply enough. You have a great DAC, which I kept hold of for as long as I could. Hope you get a lot of pleasure from it.

The Pontus has ..more detail more space more presence. It’s different in character somehow. If you listen to more classical style music with more space then the Pontus is best. If you are listening to more easygoing music then the ares has the musicality. Pontus for serious detailed listening, ares for warm musical enjoyment. That’s my take on it. You may have your own expressions once you listen for yourself.

• Like 2

At last my review of the Terminator + is uploaded and I will follow on with the Jays CD 2.

And it sounds from what @Bigwig07says that it runs throughout the range. I suspect some companies should be getting nervous now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, George 47 said:

At last my review of the Terminator + is uploaded and I will follow on with the Jays CD 2.

And it sounds from what @Bigwig07says that it runs throughout the range. I suspect some companies should be getting nervous now.

Uploaded where George 47?

On 22/09/2021 at 22:36, whitehart said:

Rick, in case you missed it, I sent you a PM yesterday.

Mac

I hope you get through. I’m not sure I have ever corresponded with Rick by email despite the large amount of money I have spent with him. Telephoning works well . . . . .

Thanks chaps. Where else would I write apart from HFA and under a psueds nom :o....elsewhere.

On 08/09/2021 at 20:33, Bigwig07 said:

I'm thinking of placing an order with Vinshine Audio in Singapore to save a few £££'s over UK suppliers. i think a few people here have used them before ? 

How risky is it ?

I worried too but everything worked out fine. Would buy direct again from Vinshine to the UK. TIP - Don’t use UPS if you have a courier choice with Vinshine - 2 weeks of delays / inaccurate tracking info in my case.