Denafrips

TheFlash

10 hours ago, George 47 said:

Thanks chaps. Where else would I write apart from HFA and under a psueds nom :o....elsewhere.

In the Denafrips thread ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Todcakes said:

I worried too but everything worked out fine. Would buy direct again from Vinshine to the UK. TIP - Don’t use UPS if you have a courier choice with Vinshine - 2 weeks of delays / inaccurate tracking info in my case.

Yes I have had serious problems with UPS before too

• 5 weeks later...

I am quite interested in getting a Pontus II. I have contacted Willow Tree Audio who confirmed delivery in 7-10 days for total price of £1,900 inc delivery.

Having looked at earlier posts it seems that buying direct from Vinshine Audio in Singapore (similar delivery time?) has worked out well for a couple of UK buyers so I'm tempted to go with that option. I'm not completely sure what the exact price would be including UK VAT and shipping, but for 2,298 SGD it looks it like should work out significantly cheaper, I estimate around £1,550 inc 20% VAT and maybe £50 shipping and customs handling?

Am I in the right ballpark?

Thanks!

On 24/10/2021 at 14:10, picknight said:

I am quite interested in getting a Pontus II. I have contacted Willow Tree Audio who confirmed delivery in 7-10 days for total price of £1,900 inc delivery.

Having looked at earlier posts it seems that buying direct from Vinshine Audio in Singapore (similar delivery time?) has worked out well for a couple of UK buyers so I'm tempted to go with that option. I'm not completely sure what the exact price would be including UK VAT and shipping, but for 2,298 SGD it looks it like should work out significantly cheaper, I estimate around £1,550 inc 20% VAT and maybe £50 shipping and customs handling?

Thanks!

Looks about right depending on exchange rate / credit card fees etc. I'd check direct with Vinshine - they have a VAT included price.

On 24/10/2021 at 14:10, picknight said:

Thanks!

Mine was around £1250 + £120 customs and vat

Edited by daveyu

Im considering a DAC upgrade and a Venus is a possibility (Bryston another). I used to live in Singapore and will travel there now and then when we open back up fully. Is there any issue in my buying onshore in SG and brining back with me? Assuming I need to check there is stock ahead of time with Vinshine

• 2 weeks later...

I see denafrips is bringiing out a HADES preamp , would love to know why someone names an amplifier after HELL 😀

On 01/11/2021 at 16:20, Barbour81 said:

Im considering a DAC upgrade and a Venus is a possibility (Bryston another). I used to live in Singapore and will travel there now and then when we open back up fully. Is there any issue in my buying onshore in SG and brining back with me? Assuming I need to check there is stock ahead of time with Vinshine

Legally you should declare your purchase coming through customs and would then be liable to duty + VAT. I'm sure many don't though.

Edited by clap

Interesting - does that really apply to items bough in person when abroad? If so, I'd have a hefty liability for the amount of times I bought clothing when visiting the US!

Would seem harsh as I'd be charged local Singapore GST initially...

15 minutes ago, Barbour81 said:

Interesting - does that really apply to items bough in person when abroad? If so, I'd have a hefty liability for the amount of times I bought clothing when visiting the US!

Would seem harsh as I'd be charged local Singapore GST initially...

Under the rules all items bought outside the UK should be declared and invoices presented for HMC to calculate any VAT and Duty that should be paid. If you show your air / ship ticket and passport you should not be paying any domestic tax but this can vary country to country .

If I recall there is a GST rebate facility at the airport. if I go this route I'll do that and pinky promise to let HMRC know...

1 hour ago, Barbour81 said:

If I recall there is a GST rebate facility at the airport. if I go this route I'll do that and pinky promise to let HMRC know...

Trust me I am just stating the rules there is no way I would declare Jack to customs . I have a few decent watches brought in on my wrist. 

As professional aircrew for 35 years, first visiting Singapore on my very first trip in 1976, I would strongly recommend resisting the temptation to smuggle. I have witnessed some ugly outcomes over the years. HM customs have far reaching powers and can spot a guilty person a mile away. Even in the days before computers and databases, they could check the serial number of your watch or camera and tell you exactly which dealer in hong kong you had used and the price payed. Caveat Emptor. I have bought a number of items in Singapore over the years and would trust their dealers, which is not always the case in Asia.

As a passenger, but not aircrew, you can claim their tax back at the airport.

@Vinshine Audio I am considering buying the Denafrips Terra mast clock for use with a my dac @ 24.576mhz 

How does the phase noise compare to the afterdark range of OCXO clocks. What is the Terra's 10Hz /1Hz noise?

Are the clocks in the Terra similar to those in the Terminator Plus??

GRADE Phase Noise@ 10Hz Phase Noise@ 1Hz
PRINCE -131 -100
QUEEN -132 -103
KING -134 -107
Emperor Signature  -138 -110
Emperor CROWN -140 -113
Emperor DOUBLE CROWN -141 -117
Emperor TRIPLE CROWN -142 -118
Emperor Giesemann -143 -120
Emperor Giesemann EVA -145 -121
Edited by Psilonaught