rabski

Still building and fixing?

Looking good Colin.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Tony_J said:

Looking good Colin.

Cheers Tony, I am pleased with them, especially as they were made by a bear, with very little brain :D

• Haha 1

Managed to fit in a bit of work on the Yamaha A-960II amp.

The new muting relay is fitted and I successfully stripped down the treble slider, located the slider contacts that fall off and glued them back into place. I then moved onto the bass control and, sadly, the contacts appear to have fallen out rather than stayed conveniently rattling around in the base of the slider. :(

It should still work in 'Direct' Mode but my CDO wants the lot fixed, so I'll be looking for slide potentiometers at the weekend, by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Beobloke said:

It should still work in 'Direct' Mode but my CDO wants the lot fixed, so I'll be looking for slide potentiometers at the weekend, by the looks of it.

CDO :D

Edited by wizmax

Super Wammer

Well after blowing a channel on one of my Quads once again and just getting back for repair spent today taking out the loan Mission Power amp (thanks Paul) and putting the Quad 405 back in place . I do not know but each time I do this I have to complete a full Dirac Live session . I have the saved files but they do not seems to load properly and the sound is just not right . So full Dirac run through and then take time to adjust the filters to where I want them to be .

Playing Sorrow Tears & Blood by Fela Kuti and I suddenly feel so sad that the Wam Show did not happen yet . This is the best this system has ever sounded and a whole world away from were i started . Everything is jus better , tighter deeper bass , really fluid and fast mid range , the best imaging I have ever had from these speakers and this in a quite small cramped room which is not letting the KEF's really breathe . Thamk you Tony so glad you made the suggestion to give the stacked units a try and that despite the issues I kept going to make them work . They sound so good .

Fingers, toes and if nessesary testicles all crossed that somehting can be managed this year , if not then roll on next year .

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.