Sign in to follow this  
Sheva

'Dullaudio: Safe as F**k' ...... true or false?

I use the focus 110's with quad cdp 2909 combo and if safe means I can spend8 hours playing music and having more than a few beers then safe be it.

My present system costs the same as my last cd player (think of a 3k naim).

Should a system (or any part of it) be judged on its ability to make some recordings sound good or should we judge on time enjoyed with all our music?

I like proac a lot but they do seem more based on a class A / valve front end. The studio range of the brand I think are the poor relations with a decent finish aimed at theuk market and if you got a proac rep drunk he would tell you the same.

If the original poster intends to use 110's with an audiolab 8000s then he will answer his own question.

simont wrote:

I use the focus 110's with quad cdp 2909 combo and if safe means I can spend8 hours playing music and having more than a few beers then safe be it.

My present system costs the same as my last cd player (think of a 3k naim).

Should a system (or any part of it) be judged on its ability to make some recordings sound good or should we judge on time enjoyed with all our music?

:goodone:

I can understand you getting a little defensive but I have to say the Studio110s stand up to any standmount under 1500 smackers IMHO. Can't agree that they're poor relations to the response (unless you're talking response d2s which is the only other response standmount that isn't what i'd call more 'lifestyle' speaker like the response 1sc or tab ref 8. FWIW the i thought the Dyns were technically good but just not my cup of tea......

Dull? Safe? Slow? what next - useless?

Sorry, sounds like a classic mismatch of components.

I have heard many other systems that this could equally be applied to - Those who say they have heard the Dyns with the big Plinius (at the Bristol show I assume) did you care to look at the room those speakers were trying to drive - about as much life to be found as a cemetary!

Naim, Moon, Exposure, Boulderand a fair few other amps I have heard (if powerful enough) can make truly amazing music with the Dyns I have heard. Yes, they like to be taken by the scruff of the neck and given plenty of juice under complete control - but just how many other speakers can this be applied to?

One mans meat and all that.

I sold my Proacs to fund the purchase of some Dyns...

I'm assuming that his 'dasf' is just some form of wind-up to get the Dyn owners to bite back. Whatever.

The most amazing music I have ever heard came from a system where only the source was not a Dyn product.

A classic case of some people 'bigging up' a product being balanced by some people 'slagging off' the same product.

Expect gross exagerration on both sides.

Could you imagine if you stumbled across a fridge forum and some people were slagging off Hotpoint fridges and saying how rubbish they were, and some people were saying how they were, like,the bestest fridges ever?

You would think it was crazy.

However, science has shown that Dynaudio owners do tend to be very clever and very handsome. Not sure why. :?

Much as I love mine, they are probably not the optimum match with Sugden.

However, I've just struck a deal with a certain gentleman known to this forum :fly:, and soon I'll bea Dynadude no more..... :dunno:

notaclue wrote:

A classic case of some people 'bigging up' a product being balanced by some people 'slagging off' the same product.

Expect gross exagerration on both sides.

:goodone:

Davewhityetagain wrote:

He has taste...... did not know he had a Sugden very nice match :)

Masterclass integrated Dave. Looking forward to hitching up those wardrobes.... :D

meninblack wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Masterclass integrated Dave. Looking forward to hitching up those wardrobes.... :D

Wow - big changes ahead at mib-mansions.

Will you be like former DynaDude SSM and come to realise that youdislike the Dynasound after all?!

:pop:

JANDL100 wrote:

meninblack wrote:
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Wow - big changes ahead at mib-mansions.

Will you be like former DynaDude SSM and come to realise that youdislike the Dynasound after all?!

:pop:

He might but what he will soon realise is, that real speakers have BIG drivers :cool: