Boysey

Onzow Stylus Cleaner

This is not really a review, more an astonished statement. I believe others on this site have used this stuff but I just needed to give my thoughts about this, on what some might deem as “snake oil”

Anyway, been into hifi for more that fifty years and never came across a product that works better than this stuff.

Sorry, I should say I’m a Vinyl nut... but also into Roon Streamed music / CD / streamed Radio Etc..... so I’m not a dead head! and appreciate modern technology but Vinyl is still my favorite medium.

This stylus cleaner is absolutely the business... trust the Japanese to get something right. “No clicks, No pops, just silence”

Fabulous

Any thoughts.... or do others use this stuff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is not really a review, more an astonished statement. I believe others on this site have used this stuff but I just needed to give my thoughts about this, on what some might deem as “snake oil”
Anyway, been into hifi for more that fifty years and never came across a product that works better than this stuff.
Sorry, I should say I’m a Vinyl nut... but also into Roon Streamed music / CD / streamed Radio Etc..... so I’m not a dead head! and appreciate modern technology but Vinyl is still my favorite medium.
This stylus cleaner is absolutely the business... trust the Japanese to get something right. “No clicks, No pops, just silence”
Fabulous

Opps.... I might take some stick for this post..... I meant NO BACKGROUND CLICKS OR POPS. And not Silence you can still hear the music

Nothing whatsoever 'snake oil' about a product that cleans a stylus.

I've been using the Zerodust for years and I think quite a few others here have one.

Hi Boysay,

Any chance you could tell me where I can buy this stuff does it really get rid of clicks and pops. I thought it was for cleaning the stylus not for cleaning the record? I am very interested and impressed. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Any info you have on Zerodust would be extremely valuable too.

Many thanks,

Colin.

21 minutes ago, Goodtrader said:

Hi Boysay,

Any chance you could tell me where I can buy this stuff does it really get rid of clicks and pops. I thought it was for cleaning the stylus not for cleaning the record? I am very interested and impressed. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Any info you have on Zerodust would be extremely valuable too.

Many thanks,

Colin.

Colin full title of item is Onzow Zero Dust Stylus Cleaner

get one here :  Amazon

Fabulous

As Bazzer quoted (the correct name).

Got mine via eBay direct from Japan.

Yes it does work and I’m sure others on the forum will say the same. What I stated previously, still stands.

1 minute ago, Goodtrader said:

Hi Boysey

I guys thanks to both you and Bazzer I will try and locate the product seems its certainly worth looking into.

Col. 

Click on that Amazon link Colin in my post :^

Posted (edited)

I remain firmly in the magic sponge camp - about once per week - and a stylus brush for between records.  Checking under a 20x lupe / microscope it is amazing how much encrusted crud is removed by the sponge.  It's highly abrasive yet very soft, only risk of damage is if stylus is dragged over it, must always be dropped on / off  - about 4 times does it.

I would be interested to see before and after magnified pictures using these sticky pads to see if there are as effective.

edit; ok, I admit defeat. Been trying to clean a couple of hairs stuck to the stylus but even the magic sponge won’t shift them.

I’m big enough to confess that I have Just ordered the sticky pad thing :$

Edited by lostwin
Edit tail between legs...